Share some tech info with a fuel cell noob.

I’m switching out my gas tank for a fuel cell for various reasons that I don’t want to get into.

Because I’m running E85 and need it to pass tech for various track day type events, I’ve selected the following cell as my current top pick:

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/566/Enduro_Cell_Racing_Bladders

What this thread is really about is all the little extras. What exactly will I need to buy?

fuel level sender? How do I pick the right one for my stock gauge cluster?
Surge tank?
Filler tube? or can I just fill the cap right on the tank?

I know I’ll have to carefully select my fuel pump and filter, not to mention buy a bunch of fittings and lines, but is there other components that I will need?

As far as the fuel gauge i think you will need to test the old sending unit.See what it ohms out open and closed,then choose 1 that ohms the same.As far as i know most people just fill them threw the cap in the tank.The tank you have a link to seems pricey,i think they are alot cheaper threw summit.

I found the OEM ohm range at one point, I’ll have to pull it back up.

I picked that cell instead of one from summit because I couldn’t find one on there with A. the bladder, B. Steel/aluminum shell, and C. a setup for Road racing and EFI. Most of their cells are oriented towards circle track or drag racing and I think that would cause me some fuel starvation issues.

Any more advice for me here? I’d like a good idea of what i’m getting into before I pull the trigger on this.

Maybe a fuel pressure regulator?
That price does seem really high though. I’m sure someone here will be able to mention something that will work for a whole lot less.

I have one at the rail, is there a need for one in line?

and if anyone can find me a cheaper one, I’m all ears.

Oh, I thought you meant a real fuel cell… never mind…

one last bump for this, someone must know something about installing one of these.