shift light options?

I am thinking about doing a shift light, something small and inconspicuous. I don’t want to put in a big aftermarket tach just to get the light. Can I wire one up to the stock tach?

look into raptor

Get a Harlan and I’ll help you hook it up in 10 minutes. Mine is in my a-pillar.
www.harlan-engineering.com

hint hint----> put the shift light in the defrost vent hole on your a pillar :bigthumb:

then what happens when he needs to defrost his wondows :op:

first off, its a rwd v8 not meant for winter so i dont think he’s driving it when he’d need to defrost his windows. second its a small defrost hole meant for the driver’s window and it never works when you need it anyways

True. It sits covered in my garage during the winter.

i think its a perfect spot

also the ac vent is a great location

Are you kidding me? I need my A/C vents. I always run my A/C, especially when racing V6 Camaros. (gotta help them out as much as possible ;))

Seriously, I use my A/C when I take the car when I am dressed up to go somewhere like weddings, dinner, etc.

my idea> eric’s idea

Roland. Get ahold of TJ. Theres someguy oroutfit or something up in Cali and its exatly waht you are looking for. He has one in his Z. Really nice, small, inconspicuous.

That’s what I am looking for. After hitting the rev limiter because I was watching Sammy’s launch made me think I could use a shift light just in case. I didn’t have my pre-race thought in my head “watch the tach not the other guy…watch the tach not the other guy…”

its comprised of like 4 or 5 LED’s in a circle, in a tube, which if memory serves orrect, slips neatly into the hole that blows air onto the driver side window to defrost it…

I was thinking on the steering column. It’s more in the line of sight, you have to look there anyway to see the other gauges, and I’m not sure if my left arm or full face helmet will block the view of the pillar. I’ll have to sit in the car and look around to see where the bsst place is for how I drive.

Don’t even use a light, just tie into a power source, set it for just a hair below the rev limiter speed, and attach them to your body with alligator clips. If you feel a painful shock, then you should have already shifted gears - it’s a great Pavlovian approach to training yourself to shift based on RPM sound.

Or the defrost vent would work too.

good shit im gonna get one for myself

check this out…low profile LED sequential light
and it can be adjusted for any RPM range
http://www.tekniqauto.com/CDN/tsport/tsport.htm

Put the Harlan in the a-pillar thats where I have mine. I can see it fine even in the daytime. I don’t even watch the tack when I’m racing. It lights up great. Plus mounting it in the pillar makes a nice clean install.

jsut hook up a car battery with an RPM switch to your drivers seat… it’ll keep your mind in the game.