Shift Worthy News Story

One does not simply walk into the union and land a $30/hr job. Years of experience and EDUCATION, get you to that mark.

I’m not disagreeing about there being some lazy sludge users. I would argue the fact that:

1. There is no way to quantify if the union has any more lazy sludge workers than say…NYS DMV offices.

2. The claim that union employees aren’t skilled and or educated people. Education is not just attending a 2yr or 4yr college. Any form or training whether formal or informal is still education. Our education system is in shambles, relatively unchanged for 60 years. Someone training in the field as a technician has to learn new things on a daily basis.

Rosetta Stone…education.

2 years of night classes while performing duties as an apprentice for a union…education.

I am not a union employee. I am not for, or against unions. They are skilled professionals (mostly) and have their place in America…because they can.

I thought this was going to be a decent conversation at first. Damaging the credibility of unions based on …

“I knew a guy once who shit in my buddies thermos…he was union”

Or

“Union guys are uneducated burdens on society”

is straight stupid.

Sketchy…you have been bouncing from one local forum to another for years complaining about your job:

I need part time work…my job sucks.

I want to get my CDL and drive trucks.

I want to buy a buffer and detail all the things.

I want to get ahead but I’m still a temp after “x” years.

"Hey guys look…I can grow a forest on my face and fit a jack handle through my ear lobe… But I’m still miserable with my job.

How can you POSSIBLY think, your opinion holds any weight.

I like you SketchBall…I really do. But, you turned down help a year ago from a Shift member who could have gotten you into a well paying job you would enjoy…and you didn’t even honor him with a response.

More discussions about unions please. No hearsay. Facts are good.

Is UPS delivery unionized?