Shift Worthy News Story

:lol

Did anybody find out exactly why the arbitrator sided with the Union? Did Chrysler violate it’s own terms of agreement and policies? I can only assume they fired people instead of sending them to rehab first. Likely a wrongful termination case here, which is a problem no matter what they did. Typically when you lay people off for being lazy/stupid on the job in a big company you better make sure you have a mountain of paperwork, evidence, writeups to backup your point. Which should be no problem if the employee is indeed an issue.

I’ve seen my coworkers brother get fired at my job for drinking on their lunch brakes during the days when nothing productive was going on. Heresay this and that regardless, from what I’ve heard after he admitted to taking a drink on break, if he said he had a drinking problem we couldn’t have laid him off and would have had to send him to rehab.

There is a waste at every company, corporate, union, state, even small business. Unions are not directly a creator of waste, they are no more responsible for useless employees than any other major company that hires a bum, it’s the American lifestyle and culture where you’re not allowed to call people out on their mistakes and force them to take personal responsibility for their actions. We have to learn to address the issue and move on beyond that. People get too comfortable.

Edit: Working retail in the past the amount of entitled assholes seen everyday doing whatever they wanted and being offended when you called them out on their behavior is what made me want to strangle them and at the same time the root of the problem IMO.

It was literally a weekly occurrence where somebody would park in the middle of the entrance way blocking traffic and walk into the store. I would tell them to get the fuck back out and move their car as they failed to realize you can’t just park wherever you want and people would get mad at me for their idiocy. :ponder