Shift518 Drift Discussion

airports can be good and bad.

Sometimes the tarmac is destroyed so it a horribly rough ride.

Sometimes airports are amazing though.

Wasn’t there a falken drift demo day somewhere in fulton like 2 years ago or something?

was that at the airport?

Yeah, Id love a big open area just to get some practice

I don’t think im good at all but I love getting the car sideways… I just have never been able to do it at more than like 20mph and for more than one turn because public roads arrent exactly the safest place for me/mycar/ or other people

yea it was at fulton airfield but it was a stunt bike show with a car show on the side…but no drifting :gay . yea it’s tough in the streets but you gotta know where/when to go . i go with 3 or 4 guys and we have two way radios and that seems to work alot better then just going for it on a blind turn!

PM’d!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/240sx/n1088640012_30043903_4772.jpg

I’ll come to this BBQ to talk it up

nice can’t wait to meet ya. cars looks real good too!

I love being sideways until I see obsticles coming at me at 40mph + :runaway

It would be fun to play in a big lot with no obsticles or authorities

i hear ya. drifting is worse then drugs…the cops think so to. you can get more jail time for wreckless driving then you can for dealing crack!

You guys are hilarious…Jclark,jammer,skiboard and I all have stuff coming at us while sliding sideways in excess of 100mph. You guys need to get to the track… fuck drifting.
BTW i will totally be there shit talking like a mo fo

meaning he just bought his first rwd (technically 2nd) but he thinks he DK. ;D

Wish i still had my VLSD in :sad
Open diff replacement w/ new axles FTL

100mph sideways??? where and why so negative towards drifting?

Is that a joke? Where? any race track in the usa, japan, germany, etc, etc…how do you think the best drift drivers in the world learned they’re craft? By taking it to a racetrack and staying on line at speed then applying slip angle to achieve style points. You think track drivers aren’t drifters?..fuck we do it all.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I dont support drifting explicitly, but I do wholly support driving like a total assclown during open track sessions.

Tom, isnt your car FWD? :lol

Guilty…and so are you. :hug

Yes it is and yes the slip angles on the rear of my car are actually greater than most drifters…care to take a spin with me at the track? I’m officially being used as an instructor next year so…Fo’ real rides will be available next season. Jesse will be one too.
p.s. why do people assume you need a rear drive car to go slideways???

Fuck yeah dude!

BTW, get everythign straigtened out with your axles?

How did I get roped into this? :rofl

Turn for turn, Tom’s car will have greater angle than mine. FWD going fast means big ol angle of slide.

Axles are good…it was all ride height related. Wen’t to NHMS this past weekend with mickey and d.j. 4 1/2 hours of track time, set of tires and a set of rear pads later…still going. Even drove it onto the trailer. :giggedy
BTW Jesse your roped in because it’s going to be official and we can finally bring people for a “ride” hahahahahahahahahaha hope you got diapers

i was just wondering where you raced around here. i know all about the tracks us,japan,ger and being able to go 100mph plus. i was just wondering where you did it that’s all. not being a hater or anything. i’ve seen your car at morgans shop and it’s sick i love old school cars. props to you. what track will you be teaching at?

We go to Lime rock in april and october,we go to pocono in april with NYRBMW, we go to the glen in june and calabogie in july. Thats just with our club(patroon), we also do COMSCC which is a time trial club, we go to NHMS and Mt. Tremblant with them usually…well Mickey, d.j. jesse and I. Good club, they’ll let you do pretty much anything you want…spin, go off track multiple times, etc, etc. Next year we will be doing some BMWCCA club racing as well, calabogie, mid-ohio possibly summit point. You want to go fast “safely”…come out with us.