Shift518 Drift Discussion

SSRs?! :excited

Big ones. All 17"s of em.

Where do you get tires mounted?

I’ve yet to find any place that doesnt fuck it up on a regular basis so I’m now shopping for a mounter/balancer to do it my damn self.

$$$

Words cannot describe the excitement I am getting just hearing you consider that.

So I’ll post this, again.

:excited

Tell me about it re: $$$$. ::slight_smile: Mega over-priced.

I’m splitting it with at least 1 other person.

Either way, I mount/balance 7-8 sets of tires per season so it adds up at $10-20 per tire.

yeah i hear ya there, ive thought about it, but the machine i looked at was $12,XXX. Thats gonna take awhile to pay for itself lol, unless you have alot of people you could charge a couple bucks here and there for…

That’s what more than what we’re finding. We can get a decent setup used for $2000 all day.

So if it costs me $600/yr to pay someone to do it [incorrectly], it would take me less than 2 seasons for it to pay for itself if I split the cost with one other person.

yeah, i looked at them new, and quickly dimissed the idea lol. a used one at that price isnt bad, just make sure your getting a good machine

Yeah my wheels came to me with RA1s mounted on them, and maybe 2 or 3 stick on weights per wheel, now I have like fucking 12 of them on one wheel, no less than 6 on any of them, and they still shimmy a bit.

Ugh. It was free though.

It doesnt even need to balance it perfectly. My ride isnt exactly plush. Vibrations really dont matter.

…but it’s a bmw ;D

You wouldnt believe that after riding in it. She’s a little hard on the kidneys.

:lol thats great

You swapped your diff for an open one? WTF?

Well I havent gotten the pleasure of riding in yours yet

but that guy toms M3 I rode in was a rattlebox… but the thing looked mint hahaha, my kidneys deff hurt a lil bit

I’m looking forward to meeting this Drift Hustle guy… I wonder if it’s legit.

DE at fulton airport would be sweet.

I want to look over your car sometime. It has great style. Very 2001 when drift cars were cool

you thinking of going tomorrow?

*edit. Oh any thanks man. You’re car is a looker too.