Shift518 Expansion?

I got some ideas floating around my head, and I was curious to what you guys think.

What would be your opinion if we had a bunch more members but some of them were out of the area and had their own zipcode section. However the offtopic and general auto, battlefield, moto etc would be shared by all of us and have more traffic interaction. Or I could make our regional section with regional events/cars/projects/discussions would only be visible to us, and theirs only to them, but the shared general information will get shared.

A lot of out of the area…areas are very interested in Shift518, but since its 518 by definition, it would be redundant to have it leave the area. However a lot of the paper information is general IE articles, which are not area related. I could have Shift518 and ShiftXXX where they would both have the same tech articles but local classifieds, local cars featured, and local events covered respectively to the area.

Now I’m not changing anything, or even seriously planing on it, I’m just throwing out ideas and getting opinions, I don’t really want to create more sections and I defiantly want to support the local community by having a dedicated local place, so that is sacred.

Cliffs: Let the general auto topics benefit from greater members, but keep topics/cars/events for the locals.

IE: If somebody out of the area would post a random post in offtopic or some general auto related question we all would get to participate, but if he posts something local, we wouldnt even see it.

Let them guys get in. It could just be for the greater NY area, and for westerners and such.

Always try to benefit the greater good.

its kool aslong as us locals dont get neglected :nono

now we should not just let them in. It should be made into a competition. Like battle of the area codes or some fashizzle…could be interesting