Shift518 *****HOSTING**** W.T.F.

I think it goes to the server, and I don’t have the login for it.

Don’t quote me on it though.

Problem is, Singh seems to be in a situation where he can’t run/host the site anymore, and me not being able to actually run it from the web admin stand point, trying to find an alternative.

I’m sure it’s a matter of money, and I’m sure that every motherfucker here has XX minutes a month to physically deliver Singh or whoever XX donation. Fuck, I live almost two hours away and I (gasp) have the time to go to the post office and send it.

not knockin you at all man , hell i dont even know you lolol . im just sayin as a whole things could get off at a moments notice . that and the reason i said what i did is if WE pay for shift and it goes down ,its noone,s fault but our own . hell i love shift and would hate to see it go down ,esp after i have a met a lot of people on here that i probobaly never would of met and so on . so yeah id pay for it

I agree 100% with this.

im down to throw some money

<— Down to donate.

i hear ya man. i mean we’re talking like $15-20/mo max here haha

Give me an address to send money too, either physical or paypal, and my donation is sent. It’s that simple. I’m not going to beg to hand it out, but my offer is valid.

We’re in too!

DC

Maybe we should have a member group with paid subscriptions? And that paid member group will have a private section where we can discuss changes to shift and important items???

IIRC something like that is sorta what put Rspeed in the shitter for a lot of people

:thumbup i was just talkin to vlad about this . the more i hear about the other hoster " centola" it sounds like a good deal and maybe less headache and bullshit for all involved . butttttt we need to gain money for this site to keep it up , vlad nor singh needs to pay for it all esp when there not on hear half as much as others

way more than that happened

Well I know, just saying thou… The whole paid membership “special benefits” kinda killed it for a lot of people

This doesnt have to be super complicated. Just make a button or post a link where people can ANONYMOUSLY chip in to help out. Nothing more nothing less.

In the meantime, send everything to jclark86 (at) gmail.com and I’ll make super sure that it gets to Vlad. Pinky swear.

Yeah but can Centola offer the server capacity this forum needs? $15 a month sounds really cheap.

haha

But serious this is it. It would have to be a button on the top of every page, not in a thread or anything. IDK about most people but I just use the “New Posts” and “Subscribed Threads” links. I usually never navigate via the forum index.

why not do something like make a run of stickers, and use the profits from it to go towards the server. Or just choose how much to pay for them, and basically get a sticker for your donation.

Because no one wants stickers.

Actually this could work, I will pay Vlad to not send me stickers.

fuck jclark , actually we need a recent failvis thread so we generate more traffic . maybe travis can host it