Shipping Question

I have a few people that are interested in my Evo VIII Recaros but as luck would have it no of them are local. Having said that a few said they would pay extra to ship. I want to know if anyone has done this before? What should I do here? Also how much does it usually cost to do? Say for example I am shipping to California, what’s the most expensive it would be? Please don’t just say its a bad idea and don’t do it because that is of no help. Thanks for all the help in advance.

dim them up and go to ups.com for approx pricing. finding boxes might be a issue

random card board bits with tape then saran wrap the hell out of them. Add some tape to the outside to keep the saran wrap from coming undone and you are good to go.

The best way to ship them would be via greyhound shipping. The buyer would have to grab them from a greyhound station but I am sure it would save a ton of money.

Agreed. I’ve used Greyhound with shipping random large items with no issues. If this were me…I’d wrap each seat in one of those shipping blankets you can find at stores like U-haul, then wrap on top of the blanket the whole thing with the packaging wrap (large saran wrap basically).

Make sure you buy extra insurance.

I had greyhound lose a rear bumper cover for a somewhat rare thunderbird.

They paid the insurance, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Agreed with Greyhound. I got a gas tank shipped from Cali for roughly $40…

This is standard advice for shipping anything. Limiting to greyhound is funny. They are actually the only form of shipping I have yet to have an issue with.

I never did understand the insurance. I am paying you to transport something. If you loose the goods why should I have to pay EXTRA because you didn’t do your job. Like when fedex lost my transmission for over a month a few years ago… WTF it was in a MASSIVE crate

maybe long ago they are advertising the ‘discounted’ price for not getting the extra insurance for those who dont think they need it. and maybe eventually competition arose so it was cheaper to sell it this way and just add the insurance on as extra. kinda like options on a car. sure they could sell cars with every option and make it easier, but people are cheap and dont want to pay for certain things if they dont have to.

just sayin.

find out if they come apart. usually the bottom will split from the top
it will be a lot easier to ship

i shipped a set of crx seats to florida, shipping was ridiculous, somewhere in the 115$+ range, shipping might have been 250, i cant remember

X100 on Greyhound. They don’t abuse stuff like UPS does so you wouldn’t have to protect seats much. If they recline flat, even better. I just shipped a Cutlass euro header panel/front bumper to Alabama last week with no issues about $70.

$80-100 for the pair sounds about right maybe less since theyre light as hell.