shipping to Canada?

I just sold something on ebay to someone in Canada. I was curous if there is anything I should be aware of before shipping. Is there somekind of form you need to fill out for customs? Any input appreciated, Ive obvously never
dealt with anything like this

You’ll need to fill out a customs form. The USPS just raised their rates to Canada (eliminated ground service, I believe), so it’s gotten quite expensive to ship there. I’m not sure if someone like FedEx would be more reasonable for sending something like 20-50lbs.

wherever you take it to ship it, will give you everything you need to ship it.

it’s just an extra form or two where you need to properly describe what is in the package for customs.

other than that, it just costs more, but the buyer should be taking care of that, so who cares.

you need to use usps, make them pay the amount for it.

If you use fedex or ups they will pay brokerage fees up the ass.

They will have to pay brokerage anyway, no matter how you send it. what do you have to ship? i can probobly ship it fedex for you with my discount…pm me some details if interested.

fed ex fees are alot! cheaper if you do it at home… or if you want to you can swing by where i work since we get discounted shipping and i will take care of it for you
i have a fed ex account i just have to fill out a customs BOL

I had some hockey equipment shipped up to a guy in Toronto through UPS and the buyer ended up having to pay some sort of local tax on it. Not exactly sure why. Fortunately the buyer was cool with it. Hope that isn’t the case for you.

I ship a ton of stuff to Canada and overseas. I always use USPS. You will need to fill out the form at the post office. Thats it. USPS.com will give you the shipping rate, depending on weight. I get the extra insurance for more expensive items, although I’ve never had to use it. Sending tiny items under 1lb via First Class International is very cheap, and you only have to fill out the smaller green form. Any fees are the buyer’s responsibility once it gets to Canada. Big heavy items sometimes take a little longer to get there, probably because they are subject to more inspections.