shittin on a corvette

so i am out pissin around in the evo, stop at a light, younger lookin dude rolls up next to me in a vette previous generation than current not up on the details still had the flip up headlights. anyway he yellin at me put down ur window, ok , he says dude evo’s got no topend them shits are slow , anyway traffic clears a little so we go. he puts maybe 2 cars on me in 3rd a little turbo lag once boost is on catch him top of 3rd shift to 4th and commence to walkin his ass!!! no topend hahahahahah:doh: just thought i would share another story from the streets

good job!!

good to hear someones keeping the V8 egos in check.

He put that many cars on u in an older vette like that? Weird…

its a guess i wasnt really expectin it no beeps or nothin, he stomped on it and i was out of boost so i nailed it hence TURBO LAG . its kinda like fishin just reel it in baby. plus i think that generation vette still packs 405hp stock its not a slow car, bye 4th i was straight walkin

Aah,i thought u were jumpin off the gun,not rollin into it.:bigok:

nice kill

so you finally passed him after 100? in a old vette…dude was correct

must be great to lose to a rwd ride on hte street when you have AWD

405 for 01 and up Z06’s

350 i belive for normal vettes

dman you talk so much shit…

the race was about topend. not who can get to the imaginary 100 number that wad never stated. in topened, the evo PASSED him. therefore he didnt lose.

not everyone lives thier live a 1/4 mi at a time

/ vin disel quik

if it was out of a dig i would crush on that vette , he rolled me not knowing he was going for it. if i knew we were about to go i would have put my rpm’s in a more useful spot larger turbo = turbo lag the tourqe on a turbo 4 is different than a v8 its not at 2000 rpm. but once in the power band i caught him instantly and passed without hesitation

sorry sir master roll racer king…why is it youre on a car board again?

roll racing is gay and means nothing!!!

i like that theory of yours… so when you pass someone beyond a set point you automatically win? i heard that before its not over to i pass them…that was taken from another member on this board

1/4 or nothing for a drag race or there isnt a set way to say who won

excuses excuses about turbo lag

nice

yeah i know the evo is slow . its got no balls at all . so when u race on the street u know exactly where a 1/4mile is right and what then u stop no matter if ur opponent is still going for it or not right? cause after all its over a 1/4 mile and beyond that its gay right? i was just under the impresstion that vette’s were “fast” not just quick my evo just happens to be both

Top end = higher speed in higher RPM/gears.

if the corvette got him at first ( low end) and he ended up passing him a little down the road ( top end) means the EVO had more TOP end. hence why i said he has more top end cause he PASSED the corvette at higher gears/rpm (top end). i never said a race is over as soon as you pass someone, cause if that was the case the vette would have won. if the vet had more TOP END like what they said the racing perimter was, the EVO would have never passed him.

Once again quik comes rollin in here with usless quik shit n ruins yet another thread…

good kill

x2
i see where quick is coming from IF the guy in the corvette let off, as long as he stayed in it it’s a good kill

quick may have won if the guy did let off, cuz if quick was drivin the vette, even on fire, he’d stay in it