shocks and struts

^^^ Because Rogerthat240 is A_Ahmed or whatever and he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about so just ignore any posts by time.

This statement alone proves that he doesnt have a clue what hes talking about and I say this because… I’m able to meet my “expectations” using a Monroe Shock/Strut combo vs a KYB and the Monroe setup is cheaper.

So with that fact alone (since I’ve owned and used both) the KYB should be better based on cost. Which proves, you dont always get what you pay.

Jeff Knows
A-Ahmed blows…

Ohlins and HKS is a combo that will knock your socks off

I’m not going to read this thread but for the record, KYB AGX are fantastic perfomance and quality wise if your needs match their intention.

If you had a bad experience with them you likely bought the wrong product to suit your needs.

//edit// just did a quick skim of the thread and I’m not trying to retort your argument Jeff… I have no experience with those specific Monroe but I know they make a good product also. I still stand by what I said though that you simply purchased a product which was not intended to be what you expected them to be.

Im running kyb gr2’s in the front and agx’s in the rear with h&r springs and they ride very smooth, i find the adjustments on the agx you can’t really tell the difference imo

I wouldn’t so much say I bought the wrong product for my needs as they did indeed do their job. The AGX setup worked fine, but the Monroe setup works better resulting in a much friendlier handling vehicle.

Further more, KYB does not list any technically info on their AGX line so its hard to gather information for comparison sakes but as far as I’ve found out the AGX piston/dampener setup does not take rebound into consideration at all. They relay on the rate of the spring to rebound the shock. So depending on the spring setup you can either get less or more rebound.

Personally, I didn’t wanna try multiple spring setups until I found the right ones.

Lastly, it could even come down to driving style and perhaps the monroe setup just reacts better to how I drive.

All valid points - it’s hard for me to debate with any substance when I have no experience with the Monroe. I might say AGX sucks after trying those also, who knows.

What springs were you using out of curiosity? From reading, people seem to have the most satisfaction with the eibach prokit

Ive recently installed KYB gr2’s(brand new) and eibach sportlines(purchased off a SON member) and havent had any issues. Ive had the exact same setup on my Talon which convinced me to try it on my 240. I believe it all has to do with the individuals feel for the road, and just for my own knowledge could anyone tell me the price that the monroes cost? I paid 336.63 tax included for my front and rear gr2’s.

H&R springs.

I had the Prokit springs as well which were around 1.8F & 2.0R kg/mm rate wise, which is damn close to the stock setup @ 2kg/mm which is rather soft. Sportlines arent much better around 2/2.5, they just drop lower.

H&R’s are on the monroes. I got rid of the AGX/Eibach combo previously as I wasnt happy with them and went back to a stock setup until the rears blew at which point I got everything from you :wink:

my kyb-gr2s r pretty soft & bouncy, and with skunk2 spring which considerably lowers my s13 it is not the best setup. I was thinking of going with kyb agx but now i think i will take a serious look at the monroes. if u read the 2nd post up this page i didn’t trust monroes, but it seems lot of people recommend it over agx, so i think i might try it. how much do they cost?