short shifter help

Alright so when I bought my s14 it came with a short shifter which rattled(b&M knockoff). When I opened the shifter portion(4 hex screws) all that was in there was a spring and a hex screw which seemed very loose.

I was wondering does anyone have a picture or know exactly what should be in there? this is a big piss off for me as I want to be able to drive the car without this rattle that happens the moment i rev the motor over 3.5k .

I know this isn’t going to help but even if you have a real b&m, which I do, you still end up with a rattle.

not if you have nismo tranny mounts and hks shift spring set.

Ya I was going to fill the center section thing with polyurethane and that should stop the rattle.

but anyone willing to take a picture of what is inside their short shifter underneath the plate that is being held in by the 4 hex screws?

you need to replace the bushing with an OEM one at the bottom of the shifter.

you should then pack the shifter with grease or something…

it is possible that it will still rattle though… mine doesnt rattle in my S13 but does in my S14 over 6k… i didnt install the one in my S14 though… someday i’ll get in there and fix it…

Exactly what Bing just said.

When I got my cheap Ss. It rattled. Took it apart and packed it full of “red tacky” Never rattled again. ONLY pack the grease in the pivot points as so it does not mix with the trans oil.

Definetley get the bushing from nissan. That cheap plastic shit breaks waaaaaaaaay to easy.

Where can one get the little bushing. What’s the part number. Can we just swing by a nissan dealership and ask over the counter for it?

Also got pictures of what you meant by pack with grease?

no pictures

just ask for the shifter bushing

Bushing
Part No. 32861-H7301
$2.37

^^Just got one the other day. Aftermarket ones you can pop on and off with your fingers. I had to use a rubber mallet to fit the OEM one on. That should be convincing enough lol.

Nice… so I’ll just do that.

What about this rubber smacked together grease business that mr bings has mentioned? Instructions? Pictures? I hate unnecessary noise.

I got the Nismo engine and tranny mounts. Not the HKS shift spring kit tho.
I get a pretty loud rattle on downshifts.

Anyone have pics they took while doing the grease stuffing bit? I wouldn’t mind fixing this one of these days.

Alright, I’m going to attempt to replace the bushing this weekend with the OEM Nissan bushing. Cost me 5 bucks at Ajax Nissan. Picked up some grease from Part Source. I’ll do my best to take as many pics as possible so it’ll save time for who ever else is going to attempt it.

the hex screw and the spring on either side is there to hold the shifter down. You need them.

looking forward to your lil project pix