should i buy this?

have been in contact with the owner for a little bit now, and have gotten a really good price for it. it looks wonderfully clean and well maintained/taken care of? anyone support my decision on the hachi?

eBay Motors: Toyota : Corolla (item 110103225580 end time Mar-21-07 07:58:50 PDT)

yes. i do 100%

not too shabby. ill throw a :tup:

THIS CAR HAS NEVER BEEN RACED OR ABUSED…I call BS on that statement

hatch > coupe

yea, hatch > coupe, but seriously thats ALOT of money for that car, yea its clean but serouisly… u can get a 95 m3 for that price etc

[quote=“Viper966,post:6,topic:25974"”]

yea, hatch > coupe, but seriously thats ALOT of money for that car, yea its clean but serouisly… u can get a 95 m3 for that price etc

[/quote]

that car is way sweeter than a 95 M3. :ham:

yea a car goes to the uncool wall when Skunk buys one

[quote=“newman,post:7,topic:25974"”]

that car is way sweeter than a 95 M3. :ham:

[/quote]

why? cuz its rare and Ub3r jdm… i mean seriously… u can ALMOST build a LS1 FD for that price if your good… i just think its weird that the car is selling probably for almost what it sold for NEW 20 something years ago and yea i guess its hot, but 8k+ (probably gonna end around 10k)

only if it comes with tofu

[quote=“Viper966,post:9,topic:25974"”]

why? cuz its rare and Ub3r jdm… i mean seriously… u can ALMOST build a LS1 FD for that price if your good… i just think its weird that the car is selling probably for almost what it sold for NEW 20 something years ago and yea i guess its hot, but 8k+ (probably gonna end around 10k)

[/quote]

under no circumstances can you build an LS1 FD for 10k

[quote=“sureshot!,post:11,topic:25974"”]

under no circumstances can you build an LS1 FD for 10k

[/quote]

IF you look around u can find roller FD’s for ~ 3k IF you know where to look and are good at spotting them… as long as u can do some fab work yourself its not that hard especially if u get a wrecked Fbod to play with as well for motor/trans

it’s just way cooler than an M3.

It’s cool, and rare, but it’s a lot of money for a 1985 with 210000 miles on it. I realize not many original parts are left on it, but that interior still looks 80’s.

How much HP is that think putting out? 400 hp in that little light 85 frame might change my mind, but considering it’s an NA MR2 JDM motor I doubt it makes anything near that.

Overall I’m pretty meh about it, at least for the price.

Do it.

^^ agreed

[quote=“Viper966,post:12,topic:25974"”]

IF you look around u can find roller FD’s for ~ 3k IF you know where to look and are good at spotting them… as long as u can do some fab work yourself its not that hard especially if u get a wrecked Fbod to play with as well for motor/trans

[/quote]

You are greatly discounting unexpected intangibles.

Why not ask Andy or his brother if it can be done for ~10k?

Or ask the people at www.torquecentral.com if it can be done?

If they could be built for 10k and are easily sold for 20k, the whole world would be doing it :bloated:

[quote=“Viper966,post:6,topic:25974"”]

[/quote]

uhm no its not, I have seen a few around here for for about 15K, of course they where the silver top hatchs

my only thing would be get the vin to make sure its a true GTS not a converted SR5

[quote=“sureshot!,post:17,topic:25974"”]

You are greatly discounting unexpected intangibles.

Why not ask Andy or his brother if it can be done for ~10k?

Or ask the people at www.torquecentral.com if it can be done?

If they could be built for 10k and are easily sold for 20k, the whole world would be doing it :bloated:

[/quote]

i didnt say it would be a nice car in the end, but you can certainly do it if you do all the work yourself and are good at sourcing parts/building them… but back on topic

if it had some cool TOMS 4age motor with ITB’s and put out like 200 WHP NA it would be cool, or a s2k motor, or something with a little more power, i realize that its a suspension car, but thats an awful lot to pay for that, thats all i haev to say, but its your cash

[quote=“66impalass,post:18,topic:25974"”]

uhm no its not, I have seen a few around here for for about 15K, of course they where the silver top hatchs

my only thing would be get the vin to make sure its a true GTS not a converted SR5

[/quote]

i never said it wasnt within the realm of the asking price for that style of car, but paying THAT much for a car that old with that many miles is kind of redic when u think about its original selling price etc and all that jaz, thats all im saying