Should i pick this up?

http://store.wpsracing.com/taperrearend.html

what do you guys think about buying this for my rearend since its so weak and i wanna take it to the track and feel confident ill be able to drive it home?

these easy to install or will i need to take it to pewter?

ez u can do it

easy

yeah but is it effective and worth the moeny?

yes

i want one

im definitely gettin one before i go to the track

just go wussy

man…just go…unless ur launching at 6000 rpms…u will be fine!!!

Put one on mine when I got the 3.73s.

Depending how much you’re planning on racing and what the future plans for the car are would weigh in on the decision. Personally I wouldn’t put a dime into the stock 10 bolt. Put it towards a 12 bolt or 9". If you don’t plan on racing much or making gobs of power in the future then this might be a mod for you. I would hate to spend the money and then blow the rear anyhow.

i agree, putting money into a weak 10 bolt is a waste of time and money…especially if the car is going to see track time…eventually the 10 bolt is going to blow if abused…and a ta girdle isn’t going to save your rearend either…id save up for a 12 bolt…and take it easy on the launches…

shit boys,get it slim.there many ppl with out that running 10 bolts hard low 12’s & 11’s!150 to ease pain till u can spend 2000 + on a 12 bolt!

x2…thats what im doing!!!

If mine breaks THEN I’ll replace it. Of course it isn’t a daily driver either so I can live with down time.

true there are people running stock 10 bolts…but i imagine they are ticking time bombs.but if he’s going to see track time or run dr’s, the chances of his 10 lasting are slim…sure he can spend 150 for piece of mind if he wants…if he’s a m6 then his 10 bolt is really going to take a pounding…to each his own i guess…

m6, but i think im not gonna launch at over 3000 and always on street tires till i get the 12 bolt

damm some of you guys just love to spend the money on shit that isnt needed at hte moment. your 10 bolt will be fine for now. shit the pewter car went 11.4 pulling the wheels. and dont say cause its an auto. leaving at 4k is the same shit as leaving at 4k in a stick. a harsh launch is a harsh launch

so get that girdle for now. also remember with that 12bolt you will go slower cause of the weight and force it takes to turn it over. 12 bolt is for serious cars

i got a 10 bolt out of a 02 ws6 with richmond 373s sitting in the garage