Should i sell my car to....

Alright, I don’t know what to do in this situation.

One of my really good friends wants to buy my eclipse for 9K firm. I don’t know if i should sell it to her because:
A) if something goes wrong with it in the future, i dont want her to be pissed i sold her a “bad car” or a “piece of shit” (although its not now)
B) the whole seeing my car every single day thing… that shouldn’t matter but i’ll still think it’s mine.

Anyone ever sell a car to a good friend and get screwed because of it. I just don’t want her to think i’m responsible when something goes wrong. She’s already asked me to pay me every month like 500 bucks and i said hell no. But i dunno.

any thoughts? thanks

well is it in good shape now…shwe obviously has been in the car and been in it with you right…sell it it will be fine for a few yrs then she cant blame u for anything after a few yrs…I sold my 192k mile car to my brother its all the same…if a friend gets mad at you because their car breaks and cars break all the time no matter what…then maybe shes not really a friend

Looks like you’re using your better judgment. Selling things to friends can lead to problems if the smallest thing goes wrong, its probably not worth losing a pal over it. Did the dealer offer you the same amount for the trade?

Tell her to get a loan or cash and sell it already.

Don’t bother with the monthly thing. :tdown:

well, i don’t think it should matter if you see the car everyday or not.

if she’s willing to pay what you want, and it will put you in a newer/nicer car…you shouldn’t care. Unless, you spent years building it…etc.

You did one thing right, by telling her “no” to a payment plan. Let the bank worry about her paying them back…not you.

I haven’t even taken it to a dealer to see what i’d get for it. I’m just assuming it’d be less then 9K.

And yes she’s been in my car plenty of times… and it’s in fine condition now. But with 61K on it and i haven’t had any major problems…im just thinking something is bound to go wrong.

if shs buys it, and something breaks, and she bitches … fucking smack her, if she knows you she knows the car, and knows if youve had any major problems with it

and taking payments is always a bad idea, unless its in you posession till its paid off, and even thats a bad idea …

i bought my first truck from my best friend, and in the 2 years i had it, i dumped a shiload of money into it, but i just accepted the fact that i paid way less than it was worth and it was 16 years old and had 185,000 miles on it when i bought it, and i never complained once and he never showed any sing of guilt. it worked out for me, but your case may be different. as long as you didnt beat on the car and can honestly say that, then there should be no problems. as far as the ‘seeing it everyday’ part, i could understamd that. if i sold my truck to some1 i kno or some1 in the area, it would be kinda wierd to see some1 else driving MY truck.

and dont do the montly payments thing. if they can afford to give u $500 a month,m than they can afford to take out a loan and pay a bank $500 a month.

i bought all 3 my maximas off a friend…

I think that since you know the car, when something little goes wrong she’s going to be calling you first to come look at it. Little rattles, anything weird you’re the first person she’ll call. I don’t know how attached to the car you are, but if I sold mine, I’d wanna at least take a look at it, which would be frustrating if it started to become a regular thing. If that makes sense. I vote ebay. And put JDM 2fast2furious in the title.

One thing I’ve learned is to NEVER sell or loan anything to a friend you’ll see regularly. It always ends up badly.

meh

im planning on buying a friends car eventualy, ive worked on it, i know all about it … its going to break when i own it and none of what happens to it when i own it is the current owners fault …

if i scatter the block, IIIIIIIII scatter the block, not the previous owners fault …

but not everyone thinks that way

all used cars have previous owners, sometimes people just get retarded when they KNOW the previous owner … and i dont know why

If it works for you… great. But my motto is trust no one lol

If you know the car is solid now, then that is how its being sold and there really is no issue. With 61k on it i would imagine it will still run good for a while. Once it’s sold to her, if shit breaks thats on her, im sure she realizes that.

But as others have said, forget about the payment plan BS. Tell her to get a loan or :gtfo:

I have done similar things in the past, and something always ends up happening to that person financially and they cant pay you, so now youre getting aggrevated at a friend cause of money BS. Not worth the hassle, trust me. 9k is a good deal for your car, I would imagine a loan wouldnt be all that hard to get for that much.

Oh and as for seeing your car everyday, I think that wont be an issue once you get your new ride and see how much better it is then your old piece.

Thats my .02. :smiley:

i’ve bought and sold a car to someone i knew, as long as u know the car is fine then theres no problem with it. but yea, def DON’T do payments, thats the banks job not yours :slight_smile:

u guys saying that u wouldnt/didnt bitch about buying a friends car and having break is a little different then her situation. Your friend most likely doesnt know shit about cars so yes he/she will say, “hay, wat the fuck happened”…ide make sure that you set it straight with your friend that the car is sold as-is, make sure he/she knows the car’s full history(u wouldnt lie to a friend, would u?), and then tell he/she to take it to a mechanic to have it looked over for re-assurance. then say again that if it breaks not to come crying

^^ yea, i as thinking that while i posted

the situation is different when its a car guy / girl buying a car from a friend. we tend to consider “normal” breakage to be trivial stuff, we dont realy start to care untill pistons are hanging out of the block

my mom freaks out when a fuse blows in her car … i laughed when i crashed my truck (full ins = loan paid off)

I sold a car to a friend of mine. I had no problems seeing it all the time, I had something new, you’ll be surprised how fast you get over it. And when it had problems, he didn’t bitch, cars break, I didn’t sell it broken, he drove it away from my house.

Lol, you know all about MY experiences with fucking cars up. The only time ive erally gotten pissed was the whole engine popping incident.

Yeah, she doesn’t know shit about cars. Basically she wants my car because she said, “its hot”. Mind you, she’s going from a like 92 sunbird or something to my car. When something goes wrong with her p.o.s. now, she’s always calling me about it so i know she’ll call me about everything that happens to my car. But having her take it to a mechanic is a good idea. I gotta run this stuff by her because i’m having doubts about it. It’d be nice to sell this week but we’ll see.