Should i Stage 2?

…ya. thats what i bought:finger2:

victor, i heard about those like right around when the gm stages were comin out. i dont hear ppl on the forum say too much about them now tho. their site doesnt list the mods tho for each stage. plus, i kinda would have to have this done while its at the dealer gettin fixed (which it is right now)

you act like a 1912 Rx7 is a fine automobile

:rofl::rofl:

ok, just got a call from the dealer. the pcm unit itself was bad. it was replaced for free. so im thinking i should just take the car back as is w/o spending anything, or should i still make it stage 2? lol.

whats the stage 2 kit cost ?

pay the core charge for the stage 2 pcm. that way you can have your stock stuff laying around if you ever need it.

supposed to be 1g but i go them down to like 850 out the door. i dunno, itd be sweet and seems like a good deal, especially since i dont have to pay for the pcm to be fixed, but also thats money i could just bank towards the z06, since i didnt have to pay for a reflash or anything now.

thats a tough call…i guess its all on if u want alittle more out of it till u get ur new toy

Those are great if you drive the Cobalt in the summer only. They were very very very fine tuned to specific conditions, too much so for a canned tune to be safe.

Honestly it’s up to you. I left mine with just intake and exhaust, no stage kits, but I had a reason for that. I auto-x and to me modding the S/C pulley and going into street mod would have zapped all the fun right out of it. So I’m going more the lines of suspension/handling as I have no insterest what so ever in straight line speed.

I’m assuming the $850 was installed? If they’re telling you they list for $1k, they’re full of it. The kit is listed from GM as $750 retail. Don’t let them tell you you have to buy the kits separately, if you buy the S2 kit right off the bat then S1 is included in that. If you buy them separate they’re $950. If you want to purchase the kit then just have the dealer install it, you can get the Stage 2 complete kit (including the S1 parts) for $550.

i would say youd be better off going custom. gm kit seems to be ok but i dont think it makes it that much faster. for simplicity reason i can see why youd wanna go gm but since these cars have been modded for a while and all figured out i would just do the research on custom stuff or do what alleycat said was a sweet setup.

leave it stock. Why fuck with a DD?

save the grand for the Z06.

they meant out the door with the kit including both the S1&2 and installed, they charge $1000. they were gonna do it to mine for like $850 tho, which isnt too bad. i ended up just taking the car last night, got a new pcm installed for free. still throwin the idea around for a stage kit, but i might just put an exhaust on and save the money for the vette.

cant you buy the stage 2 somewhere and install it yourself to save some money?

i dont think you can do the pcm stage 2 flash. but everything else, i would think so. i thought it just gave you a code that you need for the stage 2 flash and then the dealer puts that on. i could be wrong tho

“Stage 2”

i’m pretty sick of hearing about ‘stages’… .and the dude that quoted “stage 0 - stock” was pretty sad…

put a chip in the bitch and call it a day… wtf is all the big deal about? my daily driver has bolt on mods and a chip… no problems

But for what he wants the car for, custom isn’t practical for him. He wants a reliable daily driver WITH warranty that he’s not going to have to worry about.

Then ya kiss your warranty goodbye. GM will still honor the full powertrain warranty on Stage 2 IF you have the installation done by a GM dealership. If you don’t care about keeping the warranty, then you can install your own, have the dealer flash it, and call it a day. BUT…at that point why not just go a little further and go custom if warranty is irrelevant?

Yes and no. You can load either THE stage 2 tune or better yet a user-refined tune through HPTuners. If you don’t have HPT, then yeah, you can install pulley and injectors and just have them flash the tune on.

i thought he said his warrenty is out. any anyway, im sure you can find a place who has tunes. such as HPTuners. Pewter has the ability to flast HP tunes, but you need to buy the credits to add it to your pcm.

mod the bitch!

in the end, It’s still a cobalt

yeah but its not like hes dumping tons of $$ and time into making it a race car. its a daily that will have some reliability

and the grass is green and the sky is blue???/:doh: