Should I?

I am all stock except for I/E on the vette. Should I get it dyno tuned as far as getting a base setup for the car or no? I do plan to continue modding it but I think I might make my next mod a winter project. So for the rest of the year does the dyno tune sound like a good idea?

without headers, I wouldnt bother…right now you MIGHT squeeze out 10-15 more rwhp, and IMO thats not worth the 450$ ++ for a dyno tune.

also depends on your next mods. If your going to just keep it all bolt ons (intake,headers and exhaust) you can do it now…but if your going to do heads/cam or F/I in the near future a dyno tune right now would be 100% pointless.

why dont you come to the Dyno meet this saturday in Lathem at C and C motorsports (its in the shift events forum) and throw it on the dyno for 70$ to see what its making right now…

Ah, thanks for the advice. I would by headers right now, except it would be money wasted based on my next project. I would just be replacing them anyway…

soooo im sensing on APS TT’s??? or what?

I’m not going to hide it, I have already started accumulating monies for a twin turbo setup. I am going to install everything myself as a winter project. But there isnt enough time this year to have it all installed and done. I would rather put the car up during the winter to do the install so im holding off until then.

Is the base GM tune that great where you can only squeeze out 10whp with a good tune? What about drivability (torque management) and things of that nature?

standard cars dont really have the torque management affect…thats more of a auto thing.

every tune is different

I knew it…

well let me know when you have the kit…I will help you do the install.

You might be sorry you said you’ll help haha. I might have you up here every day this winter. As far as payment goes I will have plenty of beer and pizza.

Nice, a buddy of mine has a aps tt on his h/c c5 and it makes like 580/600

The APS kit is quality enough the install is certainly do-able yourself.

My car was torque managed more than GM is managed by the federal government.

The more I think about it the more I want an LS1 f-body. I just can’t get over the “white trash” image of them.

as long as you get a LS1 F-body, you wont have the white trash image unless you grow a mullet.

also, you have a F/I car with a forged motor from the factory…theirs alot more potential laying in your tune to gain more HP with bolt on’s then with a N/A car

fine with me…as long as its not snowing im unemployed in the winter…I gotta do something.

chris07ss, obviously, your GM tune was better than your “custom tune” 110trap :lol errr i mean 98mph

TT C5 FTW.