Should I...

…try to fly home or drive home? I’m in East Chicago (an hour away from O’hare) for a PLC training class. :hang: Class is done at 11 tomorrow morning and I have a flight at 5:30 which will get me home at 8:30.

Problem is, Chi-town’s supposed to get a couple inches of snow and 30mph winds. My flight is coming from Des Moines, which has a blizzard warning until 6pm tomorrow night.

So I could try to fly home, waiting at O’Hare for a few hours possibly just to have my flight delayed or cancelled due to it not getting to Chicago or/and not getting out of Chicago and not get home till late tomorrow or Saturday. Also, I’d have to deal with O’Hare at 5pm on a Friday. PITA…

Or I could keep the rental car and drive home. Should be about an 8 hour drive neglecting traffic and shitty weather. The drop fee for dropping a Chicago car off in Buffalo shouldn’t be too bad, but it’s Praxair’s money and I probably won’t catch any hell.

id fly

i drove to chicago last spring and it sucked, most boring drive ever and it was nice out let alone in the snow

theres also a train, but that takes like 13 hours

Get blitzed in the airport…

Take it from someone who was stuck over in O’hare two weeks ago…

At best you are probably 40% to fly home tomorrow. Even if the skies were clear, O’hare is ALWAYS delayed.

On the other hand, the drive will blow.

fly. get free pretzals.

Driiiveee…

I’m driving from GA to Buffalo tomorrow-saturday…

Are you @ a Rockwell Automation training? What platform are you working with?

Cha-ching.
Especially if you can do it as a write-off.

There’s a plan :tup: fuck driving.

hey mark, he took an IC engineer position for Praxair if I am remembering correctly, How is arizona treating you?

Praxair class, PLC-5. I am going to Rockwell training in Rochester next week though for SLC’s, which is the platform I work with.

I can’t believe people actually live in Ohio. It’s soooo boring to drive through.

I’m sure the people in Maryland say the same thing about us Corey.

Take the chance on flying.

Even if you only have a 40% chance of flying out, it’s better than a 100% chance of a shitty drive.

dude. southwest…

MDW -> BUF

I-90 Ohio…Copsssss everywhereeeeeeeee :whip:

Good to know, if I end up going that route. We’ll see. I’ve been eating and drinking on Praxair’s dime all week and I’m going to do it again next week. At this point I just want to get home for the weekend.

We racked up a $900 dollar dinner bill at a hibachi steakhouse last night. :tup:

I haven’t seen your car lately :frowning:

Personally I would fly
Parents in Chicago->School in Rochester

Your will get stuck in Indiana, your will get stuck in ashtabula county in Ohio

An 8 Hour drive will become a 14-16 hour drive, get blitz stay at the hyatt in the airport or camp O’Hare is worse comes to worse, its usually a lot of fun