Uggh. Fly or drive?

Dammit. I hate when I get into this situation.

I’m in Kansas, about an hour south of Kansas City. I NEED to be home Thursday morning for personal reasons.

I have flights booked Kansas City -> Cleveland -> Buffalo from like 3pm to 8pm Wednesday, so I was going to go to the jobsite Wednesday till noon, then grab my flights home.

The weather is going to BLOW. It’s going to be windy with blowing snow on Wednesday in KC. Mix of rain/snow and 50 mph gusts at my layover in Cleveland. Snow and sleet with 50 mph gusts in Buffalo Wednesday night.

So I could take my chances that my flights aren’t delayed or cancelled and follow through with original plans, at the risk of not making it home by Thursday morning.

I could go to the airport, ditch this Kia for a decent car with cruise control and start driving east Wednesday afternoon in the thick of the crappy weather.

I could stick it to my coworkers and bounce tomorrow night. I have a pretty unique set of skills so they’re pretty boned without me and those 4 hours could be VERY valuable to them. But it’s just 4 hours and that could put me ahead of the storm and make for 16 rather peaceful hours of driving Tuesday night and Wednesday.

I’m hoping that one way or another I finish off tomorrow at a point where I wouldn’t be able to get anything done Wednesday morning. If I can swing that then I’m out of here tomorrow night.

Thoughts?

Is it just me or is Fry becoming an attention whore lately?

Lately? Always.

I was thinking to switching to briefs… I mean boxers have always served me well but in my aging state, I just feel briefs will “hold me down” much better than my traditional system… any thoughts…

Jk, im being a giant douche… but dont you OG’s have a super secret section for friends opinions…

lol that section never gets used. It’s just for tpgsr to test new shit. Just to make sure it’s going to break the board.

And stay with boxers. Briefs are so binding, although I’ve heard good things about boxer-briefs. :gotme:

Moboost SHUSH!!

Fry, if anything I would at least fly in to Cleveland and make the decision from there.

ugh… 16+ hours of driving is tough…

are you going to have to drive back?

I agree here… at least cleveland is only 6 hours away… you could always have the wife pick you up from there. then not have to worry about a rental

YAY!! for 3 posts in a row… Honestly if its something thats extremely important… funeral, unexpected sickness… yadda yadda…

fuck the coworkers. go home and do what you have to do they will understand

6 hours from Cleveland? Fuck that I’ve gone Columbia City Indiana to Buffalo in 6 1/2. Cleveland’s 4 hours tops.

But yeah if my flight to Cleveland looks good that would be a great head start.

And no I’m not going back to this jobsite. I’m commissioning all the equipment. My boss will come back to finish up and start the plant. The less I leave for him the better…

16 hours of driving… fuck that… i’d never even consider that shit.

seriously contemplate whether you need to be in Buffalo on Thursday… avoid it entirely if possible.

The drive will be terrible. You might be able to handle it but just think of all those midwesterners that will be driving 3 mph and/or crashing everywhere.

Fly. Worst case, you drive from Cleveland if you get stuck.

who takes 6 hours to drive to/from cleveland? It takes 3 hours or less depending on traffic.

fly to cleveland. drive home if needed.

x2

Unless most of your drive time is on company time, don’t bother.

How important is are Thursday festivities? If you drive, you are in control of your travels, maybe it’s worth it.

I would definitely not screw over your coworkers. People will remember examples of that more so than good behavior.

I was trying to make it home for my wife’s graduation and my flight was canceled going into buffalo. I was stuck in Chicago. Rented a Kia (only car they’d let me rent and leave in Buffalo at the time) and a gps.

Drove 550 miles in 7 hours 31 minutes. (Averaged 73 MPH) Got to the graduation just in time to see my wife.

It all depends on how important it is to you to be home.

x3

get the fuck on the plane, weather’s rather f’d up in the middle of the country

hmm.
can you choose rentals with snow tires? :o
dont think i’d want to be in an unfamiliar car with all seasons.
hell, i don’t even like being in my car with all seasons when it is a bit slushy -.-