Should we be scared?

AWDrifter disproved the big bang theory 100 years ago with his abacus.

Its science…

Red shift - look it up.:roll:
(They forgot to teach that in the public schools)

god. i’m still laughing at that pic.

ok so if this thing shits out a new microwave … i want it to heat up faster and not kill my pizza… kthanks

From wikipedia:

Another cause of redshift is the expansion of the universe, which explains the observation that the redshifts of distant galaxies, quasars, and intergalactic gas clouds increase in proportion to their distance from the earth. This mechanism is a key feature of the Big Bang model of physical cosmology.[3]

He’s almost tucked…lol

I looked it up. Redshifts are considered strong supporting evidence for the big bang theory.

Whatchu talkin 'bout Willis?

i dont get it

Uhh…basically, you’re in a lake and you slap your hand down in the water. I’m 10 feet away from you. By the time it gets to me, the wave is more spread out than when it started at your hand hitting the water. That is red shift.

From a physics standpoint, as waves travel great distances over large periods of time (in space), a suspected cause of redshift is due to the expansion of the universe (the universe is expanding as the wave is travelling). The theory is the universe is expanding due to and since the Big Bang. I am not an astrophysicist but this is how I understood it.

I’m not a cosmologist (but my wife is a cosmetologist:biglaugh:) but, it has to do with light coming toward you or going away.
blue vs red.
I read about this years ago so I don’t remember all of the details but it was explained that because of the red shift the big bang could not exist.
It was a German scientist back in like 1923.

That’s all I remember.

got it… but still does nothing for me

you have to know that somewhere in taht massive equation there is a mistake that goes something like this

X/0 < All because some douchenozzle divided by zero, we are all fucked.

Won’t lie. I am really looking forward to this thing getting light up. i just hope that something good comes of it for everyone, and not just a select group of pricks.

When I took astronomy, I could have sworn that red shift happens to help prove the big bang theory?

Red shift is the result of something constantly expanding and getting further (red is further down the spectrum) and the big bang theory is that a massive explosion happened and continually expanding outwards which in turn causes red shift.

Kind of like the sound of a car when its near you and going away from you. The sound changes as its closing the gap and then changes as its getting further out into a wider spectrum.

well if they start this fucker tonight i may not talk to you in the morning

still here

Ya. Well it is raining. Maybe that’s a side effect lol.

Are we dead yet?

I was kind of hoping we would AT LEAST travel in time. :tdown:

you know i keep looking for a time or somthing but on the website the last day was july 26th ish… mabye they all died then :gotme:

it’s a fucking particle accelerator? wtf are you all getting so worked up about?