Should WNY SCCA continue to run at Batavia's go cart track?

[quote=“Rx3,post:23,topic:31196"”]

IF there was an option to run an extra event at Seneca, then I would probably vote no.

Why is this coming up now? Were participation numbers low last weekend?

[/quote]

This was the original post over on wnyscca.

Post batavia interest poll

We notice LOTS of people (including myself) packing it in early at batavia. We also noticed that had this not been an FLR OOR points event, we would have not had enough people to break even.

That said, please cast your vote. FLR people please vote as well since you are pivitol to making that event solvent.

Ok, so attendance was “low” compared to the 120-130 that sometimes run at BIMP. There were 110 people, the most of any WNY event this year. Sure, it was an FLR OOR event, but they probably would have made the 90 needed to break even between FLR guys who would go regardless and WNY people. Besides that, the event was on a very hot day, on father’s day., only 2 days after 24 pretty regular autocrossers were at a lapping day. I would have been at BIMP except one day of racing per weekend is enough with family obligations.

The lapping day conflict isn’t something WNYSCCA could do anything about, and I’m told they only get a couple weekends to choose from BIMP. But, all those things that could cut down on attendance, I think 110 is pretty impressive.