Should WNY SCCA continue to run at Batavia's go cart track?

[quote=“sureshot007,post:40,topic:31196"”]

Wow, I didn’t realize I pissed in your Cherios.

[/quote]

lol im not mad, but if you still want to race im down :wink:

[quote=“Rx3,post:39,topic:31196"”]

:uhh: It’s a go-kart track. Why are you comparing it to a full-sized track? :gotme:

[/quote]

cause people like it due to its different-ness, like a mini track… i still think the pavement is substandard, if comparing to a parking lot… i just think it would be fun to switch directions every other yr…

We have to run it that way to be safe, because all it takes is one novice hot dogging it out there to build too much speed at the bottom and run right off.

i figured. its more unsafe, but isnt danger fun :slight_smile:

Not when you are paying the insurance bill

As a former safety steward, no way in hell I’d sign off on running Batavia in reverse. It’s already borderline in terms of runoff requirements, but that turn at the bottom of the hill would be a huge mess just waiting to happen.

[quote=“JayS,post:46,topic:31196"”]

As a former safety steward, no way in hell I’d sign off on running Batavia in reverse. It’s already borderline in terms of runoff requirements, but that turn at the bottom of the hill would be a huge mess just waiting to happen.

[/quote]

LOL that would be a nightmare! DO IT!

[quote=“JayS,post:46,topic:31196"”]

[/quote]

x2, indeed

Dukes of Hazzard style jump over the barrier. :tspry:

JayS already tried that

[quote=“sureshot007,post:50,topic:31196"”]

JayS already tried that

[/quote]

^ The only reason you haven’t hit it is because we don’t put cones up there.

But going back to Bikerfry’s question about smashing your daily driver, I think my off course was a good example. I was driving a non-daily driver, so I pushed way too hard, missed the turn at the top, and basically ramped the safety foam. Even with this seriously way off course, the damage was only a few scratches on my bumper, and the nasty smell of melting safety foam coming from my cat/exhaust.

End result, going back to my statement on WNYSCCA.com about Batavia probably being “safer” than some parking lots we run on… Hitting safety foam barriers > hitting curbs or light poles at ECC-N.

hahaha!