Shrek's new DD - 03 Evo VIII

Sweet. Those the basic d2’s or the AWD spec’s.

Awesome power man, that’s sick power for the boost and 8 turbo

These happen to be just D2’s, I’m working with STM on a custom set up.

Car does work!

Follow in my footsteps! Get that car fast again :slight_smile:

BTW, nice dyno!

Also, I was going to ask, are you using the stock ECU for map switching, with a button in the car, or do you have to re-flash the PCM when you switch between fuels? I know the TephraMod v7 map lets you switch between tunes using the IC sprayer button in the center console, but that car doesn’t have one.

Yea we scratched our heads to why I didn’t have a sprayer button lol. I did remember 05 console on my/our mode list! Just didn’t know the difference. V7 gives you 3 different ways to switch maps. BTW yes stock ECU. I use the TPS as the switch. Turn the key and push the pedal to WOT… ck engine light flashes fast for E85 slow for 91! To easy!

Very cool! So you just run the tank low, fill up, then when it gets low again you can switch back. So easy!

Yeah its slick rick!

Love new parts!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/shrekb18/03%20EVO%20VIII/DSCN1398.jpg?t=1298310285

Those are 40# lighter than the stock suspension too!

Thats pretty cool with the map switching I dont think I can set something up like that with the AEM on my evo

Map switching kinda sucks because you really gotta drain the piss out of your gas tank (Depending on how close to the ragged edge you are). Besides the AEM is light years better than stock ecu IMO.

I will take this to a scale once installed! Whats your guess? What was the lightest you ever had this car? I still have stock brakes.

This car isn’t anywhere near the ragged edge. I will most likely stay on E85, only time I can see switching is on a trip or if I am not near a E85 station. I do want to do a MPG comparison.

They are both computers, not sure how one can be light years better… There are lots that the stock ECU can do that the AEM cant. I don’t know much about the AEM so I cant really compare them. The stocker came with the car and seems to be treating me good so I’m happy with it.

i will be showing all the stock ECU haters what it can do once i hit the dyno and how well the car will drive! :stuck_out_tongue:

The AEM drives better with speed density over the stock pcm, but the stock pcm has more cells for tuning, starts up faster, and can pass inspection. Both have been shown to run 8 second quarter mile passes, and make over 1000 whp, so I am not sure if the AEM is that much better. I like both, a lot.

What you can do with the stock ecu is the shit!

AEM definitely runs smoother speed density though. Even Diiirk at AWD motorsports just went back to MAF on brian (most-wanted)'s car, because it was having some issues at certain load cells on the speed density setup. Other people haven’t had problems, but Diiirk is one of the absolute best tuners out there.

I heard alot of good about Diiirk one of the top notch tuners. And yeah I don’t think sticking with the maf is bad.

yea the AEM is definitely smooth and the long time it takes to start doesnt bother me at all. I will be going back to the stock ecu soon to get it inspected

I’m going to stick with this turbo (stock Evo8 9.8 hotside) until I max it out. Next up is a clutch… What should I get… DD/weekend drag car?

or

I am looking at rebuilding the rear end right now. I would like to rebuild the differential and lighten it up back there.

Here is my wish list-
BR REAR DIFF SIDE SUPPORT BRACKETS - $285
BR MOUSTACHE BAR / AMS one - $285
HOTCHKIS REAR SWAY BAR - $229
TRE MAX-LOCK 12 PLATE UPGRADE/REBUILD SERVICE - $465

Just need to find $1,264 before tax, fluids and shipping :crap:

Has anyone heard that our rear diff aren’t assembled correctly?

REF:
DB -"…THE REAR DIFFERENTIAL IN YOUR USDM EVOLUTION 8-9 WAS ASSEMBLED WRONG FROM THE FACTORY WHEN IT WAS SHIPPED TO THE USA. I can only speculate as to why this was done. #1, US drivers are pussies and need a car that pushes in the corners. #2, When the diff is set up properly it “clicks” when you turn, this would lead to the same US pussies crying to the dealer and having warranty issues. #3, so the same faggots on EVOm who like to argue with me can pay someone to lie to them and charge them to set it up like it was suppose to be in the first place and come away smiling about getting something in their ass once again. My guess is #3 is the most correct…"

REF:
http://www.teamrip.com/EVOLUTION%20REAR%20DIFFERENTIAL%20SERVICE.html

But first I need to get my Coil overs installed, an alignment and corner scale.

Heading out to buy a level, T square and string! Then checking my garage for levelness

Who can tell me what these “4 same” parts are for?
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa271/shrekb18/03%20EVO%20VIII/DSCN1399.jpg?t=1298476494

for a DD car i would get an exedy triple. im still on my stock rearend with no problems. im expecting it to break this year however, we will see what happens