Shrek's new DD - 03 Evo VIII

Do you have the link to the patch?
And I dont think there is a V7 patch for my ECU ID 94170008?

you wont need to convert to V7 to do this. V7 converts all the old ROM’s to one universal ROM now. just makes it easier on everyone else when updates come out now.

i dont have my laptop on me right now, wont till i get home from work in a little bit. if you want just send me your MAP and i can put it all in there for you, would just have to flash it back to your car and you would be all set. my email is psphinx81@gmail.com

Ok I sent the MAP!

Can you send me the rom file also so I can see on my computer.

hmm try resending it if you can, i have nothing in my inbox

resent

just emailed it back to you, hope that helps. let me know if you have any other questions.

i sent you your modified ROM back to you along with the updated 94170008 XML file

checking it out now!

sweet, you will have to clear the code again though

Ok so I am not having any luck clearing codes with EcoScan.

Here’s what I am doing - I plug both connecters in to the car, then I hook the USB into my computer. I open EvoScan and make sure under the “Device Setup” I have “OpenPort 2.0” and “Mitsubishi MUTIII” selected. I have “EFI” selected under “Select ECU”, Then in the lower right where it says Select “DTC/ECU” I have “OBDII EFI”.

Then I press the “Display DTC” and it tells me to turn the key to on. I do and it says “ECU is not responding” or something like that?

The strange thing is I can flash to the ECU and I can Datalog.

Just found this -

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=220963

Going to try “reconnect the OBD only” !!

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

That didnt work for me

I disconnect the battery and now the light is off. I still cant get EvoScan to scan so I will see if the light stays off this time.

ive never used evoscan to try and clear or scan for anything, so i have no real input for ya there. id say just go to autobone again lol.

the light SHOULDNT come one with anything EGR related now or anything emissions related for that matter. its impossible lol

I agree as long as I did everything right… which my confidence is low on. Its fun.

Next time try selecting obd2 in the top left not the mutiii option. This should make it work for you.

Good call, I will try that!

Went to get an inspection yesterday… Shop called and said I need a new Right side outer CV boot and a right side inner tie rod… He then went on and said the local parts stores didn’t have them and asked if I could locate them.

So where can I get this stuff?

I have the same issue, my outer right side cv boot has a hole in it. I ordered a Mitsu boot kit, special order took 3 weeks to get.

You might as well just get another axle, I bought the kit then found out Evo axles are like dsm axles, you can’t pop the shaft out. You would have to also replace the inner boot to get to the outer boot not worth it. It’s $100 to get both boot kits, better off getting a used axle which is what I’m gonna do.

As far as to where to get the parts from, for oem parts I deal with http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/ I’ve dealt with them a few times, good site.

The boot kit is 100? So what can I get a used axle for… less?

Thanks for the link!

I paid $50 for the outer cv boot kit, then you would need the inner boot kit another $50 there spent their a special order. Plus with the wait and then replacing the boots your better off picking up another axle.

They have aftermarket ones, but I’m avoiding that route I won’t be making any nasty power but just the hassle of receiving the correct axle.

aftermarket axles you wont need, stock axles FTW. im still rocking them at 600 with slicks. i would just pick up the boots and replace them, its what i did.