SHTF Prepper gets shut down by snitch wife.

Old story but…

So what’s the deal, if you break any laws they can take ALL of your shit? Honestly I don’t know because I have never been in trouble with the law.

good.

guy is a nut.

shut him down nice and early.

Mass. is a non free state and has a similar mentality that NYers and southern canadians have. They believe that people shouldn’t have guns and they’re dangerous. That being said this guy did seem a bit unstable from the accusations. They can confiscate his weapons but unless they come up with something to charge him with to prevent the ownership he’ll get them back at some point.
I don’t know the local laws in his area but from what I saw all of that is legal to own here in NYS.

I saw his “cache” and thought to myself … that’s all? lol Then again I don’t think martial law is imminent and collect for pleasure and staying in practice with shooting. I also strictly abide by all the laws, rules, and regulations of the federal, state, and local government.

I see nothing wrong with his stash … however the guy seemed like he was a nut job . Albeit that is only based on medias framing of the situation . however converting a third floor into a mini shooting gallery makes me think you had a couple screws loose

So you are saying I shouldn’t convert my third floor? Basement it is!
Seriously though it scares me that they can just say “this Guy is weird so we are taking all of his stuff”. Similar to “The Terror Watch list” where one man (the Attorney General) can take my Constitutional rights away on a whim. It is a slippery slope that scares me and I feel should not be allowed to happening. There was one point when 25000 people per month were being added to the list!

Actually, There is a thread on one of the big gun forums where guys have converted their basements into sound proof completely safe private shooting ranges. I can’t find it right now but, the DIY for a few of them was awesome.

If he only had guns and didnt act like a nut, this would not be a problem. Thats where the line was crossed. And the firing range in the attic is a matter of public safety, idiot.

I agree with everything you said but I still say it is a slippery slope. How much of a nut do you have to be without actually hurting anyone? If you are caught speeding you obviously don’t care about the safety of others so maybe your guns should be taken too. Just sayin… slippery has to start somewhere but no one knows where it will stop.

I can’t stand people like that.

You can’t get someone arrested because they own a bunch of legal weapons. However the shooting in the attic thing isn’t smart or safe and this guy sounds like he might have some mental health issues.

Therein lies the question. Of course, Jared Loughner broke the law only one day in his life, too (so far).

This has been a dream of mine. I was thinking get a cargo container and bury it, then put in a really well soundproofed door connecting to your basement. You’d need some sort of ventilation system for the lead dust though.

Of course, they have non-lead metal-matrix frangible ammo now, so you could theoretically not worry about it.

LOL at his wife being a Psychiatrist! Guess she should know better than to take her work home with her…

letting dudes accumulate weapons at will and allowing them to shot in a residential area would be a slipperier slope. slipperier, slipperier… slipperier… it means nothing now.

It’s generally not legal anywhere in the US to shoot in a residential area.

okay good, because that was almost slippery

In all honesty… the upstairs shooting range is really all that bothers me about what facts Ive been presented with. I know many people with a larger collection than that. (sans tear gas and what not)

Also, the way its presented makes people judge this guy immediately… I personally will wait for more facts.

I prefer to leave my constitutional rights up to the lawyers at Facebook and Google.

The statements about shooting people are pretty worrisome. If the guy is mentally unfit for the responsibility of the ownership of the weapons, then it’s probably for the best that he does not own them. Apparently you don’t need a permit for many guns to be owned, but I would think that any illegal actions on his part would warrant any permits he DOES have to be taken away.

The right to bear arms is pretty clear, but if your own wife doesn’t feel safe around you, then maybe that’s a sign that something is wrong.