Shutup about the iPhone already...

Verizon is more expensive but I love EVDO. It really comes down to the render speed of the phone when viewing the web.

I generally don’t believe anything about “shitty networks” I hear on this board, because people are such hard core humpers of one network or the other. For all the hate I see about Cingular/AT&T, I love my service there.

The keyboard, they’ve spent a ton on money on this multi-touch technology. I’m sure there will be patches when it hits production, but that is the future. It’s not even in the hands of the public yet, so it’s probably best to reserve judgement on it’s ease of use until real world people get to use it.

As for the SDK… who cares? I don’t want my phone to run Quake, I want it to surf the web, read email, play MP3’s, and be a phone. Looks like it does all that stock, and very well from the videos I’ve seen, so I don’t really need any add on 3rd party garbage.

All that said, I certainly won’t be first in line. If it delivers what the commercials have shown, with decent coverage in this area, I could see myself buying on in a few months though.

EDGE typically sucks. Its slow and is comparable to Verizons 1x network. Most of the time you wont notice it but remember the iPhone runs Safari which is a full web browser. Without a fast connection you are going to notice. Its been tested and reported by people who have played with one of these and also with anyone actually using a Treo or other smart phone on the EDGE network. Also, all third party apps are web based. Since you need to use EDGE, again, the YouTube integration is SLOW.

Again, people using two thumbs have problems hitting more than one key. Even reported that this is not a texting/email replacement compared to a Treo or Blackberry.

You don’t need a SDK if you only want to use Apples integrated apps but this prevents anyone from making an app that MAKES the iPhone instead of using integrated apps and third party web based apps.

vzw is capped at 5gb / month

unlimited usage = airtime

ahhh, who else does not cap the data transfer, I know ATT/Cingular doesn’t I have gone through 20gb in one month (streaming music while driving)

I’m a verizon humper but I will tell you this, and anyone who has cingular can verify :

EDGE network blows donkey dick.

i was under the impression sprint did not cap.

correct.

Cingulars wireless card is slower then balls…If I didn’t get this crap for free I would have burned it and ran it over with my car.

^ while doing a burnout listening to disturbed?

^ :picard:

you do know that you drive a glorified f-body Hillary…

:mamoru:

:clap:

In front of your house

I’m from Williamsville, I don’t listen to or associate with dangerous minorities :wink:

EDIT: Before someone bans me, please look at Nikuk’s custom title.

as nyspeed’s resident iFag, i think the iPhone is over rated. apple literature says it’s not intended for corporate environment use.

the plans are the only thing i’ve seen so far that i liked about it.

lol - it’d be funnier if i knew what it referenced tho. :shrug:

For anyone who complains about hitting more than one button at a time on the iPhone… go on a diet, sausage fingers.

But like JayS said… I wont be first in line to buy one, but maybe in a few months. (Okay, technically I will be one of the first in line because I’m going to keep dmoffitt company, and he HAS to have one)

difference between having fat fingers and a tactile feel to differentiate between buttons, I think that is one of the largest down falls, that no 3G at launch and not syncing with outlook.

EDGE is relatively slow. When tethering to my laptop I pull 250K with it at night, about 200 during the day. Supposedly they’re dedicating more bandwidth to EDGE because of the iPhone.
HSDPA, which is comparable to the fastest of EVDO sites, will be in Buffalo by the end of this year. The iPhone, for some unbeknownst reason to everyone, doesnt have it. Which makes no sense, giving the nature of what it is and the price point it’s at. Being a non-apple humper, I got a phone that was less money, no-contract, and better in every way, the Nokia N95. Which is compatible with this. If people looked more at the phone than the hype, a lot more of them probably would too. Fin.

now the N95, that is a phone worthy of this level of hype.

we don’t have 3G in upstate (at least not in Roc?) and it does have WiFi. I’ve used a lot of smart phones from nokia to winmo to blackberry (currently have an 8700c on T-mo, lol) and EDGE is fine for “basic” browsing. YouTube? probably gonna be slow, who cares.

I’m getting one cuz I’m tired of going “Shit I wish I had my iPod” and having to carry a blackberry charger, blackberry, ipod, ipod cable, I’d be able to cut the crap in half. I am also looking forward to a REAL “desktop class” browser - the browser on my Nokia was based on Safari / WebKit and was awesome except the device was crippled by it’s lack of ram (so is the n95 - only the e90 seems like it will be void of this crashing-due-to-lack-of-ram issue). having good iSync integration will be nice too. I don’t understand why “business” users “need” BES. Unless you’re the fucking CIA or your IT people are control freaks, BIS serves most users (myself included) fine and I actually would prefer (and am looking forward to) a REAL IMAP client - having my sent messages etc synced will be nice.

so call me a fag, but I’m getting one and damn right I’m looking forward to it.