Side Curtian AirBags = good stuff!

When I was on break at work today, my friend and I went to get some lunch, and we were in his 2008 Ford Fusion. We were sitting at a light, had a green arrow to turn, and someone going the other way did not make any attempts to stop and T-boned us pretty hard in the passenger side (where I was sitting). We ended up getting slightly air-borne over the curb, through some terrain, and somehow back out on the road.

Regardless, all the airbags deployed including the side curtain ones. I know for a fact my head used those, and if it hadn’t been for them, I am almost certain my head would have went through the side window. We both went to the hospital with neck pain, but were released rather quickly and are ok. The car was totaled, and I had to climb out the drivers side door to get out (arguably not the smartest thing to do since my neck hurt, but I wasn’t thinking of that at the time). so, aside from a sore neck, a nice bruise going diagonally across my chest, and a wicked stripe permanently embedded in my North Face jacket from the seatbelt, I’m ok and my friend is ok as well.

The next new car i buy (whenever that may be) will have those for sure because they definitely saved my ass from what could have been a serrious head injury.

:tup: glad youre ok!

Should have made a poll…

ROFL.

lol good to hear your alright people have been driving like assclowns the past few days everywhere.

:tup:

Get well soon!

so apparently im not the only one that has noticed this? lol

assclowns everywhere mike, glad to hear your ok

does your friend need a new fusion?.. $100 referral for you…
(sorry about the blatant self promotion)

the Fusion he totaled was bought from you and is at your collision shop, and his next one will be coming from you also

Awesome, Thanks Mike!!
get me his name please so I can set him up

Are you going to sell the airbags then decide to keep them? :lol:

Glad your ok dude!

the next thing is exterior side-bags…

they will burst out from the rocker panels or potentially from the exterior B-pillar to prevent the intruding vehicle from surging too far into the body of the vehicle being hit.

i guess lee iaccoca was wrong when he was hating on air bags.

Glad you’re OK. And yeah side curtain airbags are life savers. :tup:

the thing that amazed me the most was this:

accident happened right at about 12:00. at 12:02 we called 911. at 12:26, we called 911 AGAIN because no one had showed up. the 911 operator says “Oh, I don’t think we can send any units out there. But I will tell them you called again” so at 12:35 we called back to our work (Rural/Metro which we actually could have walked to because it was like 200 yards away) and told them what was going on and both of us had some neck and back pain. Well, within 1 minute 2 ambulances show up and then Buffalo Fire shows up. Also about this time 10 or so tow trucks show up. Apparently, the city doesn’t have a towing contract, so the tow drivers just listen to the scanner and all race to get to the accident and then fight over who gets the tow. and yes, they were about ready to start swinging at each other over who got to tow the cars. I was finding this all very amusing as I was on a backboard and in a C-collar being loaded into an ambulance. The ambulances left the scene at 12:55, almost an hour after the accident happened, Buffalo PD was nowhere to be found and had we not called R/M directly they prob would have never showed up.

\

Thats retarded that the police didnt show up. Thats what tax dollars should be paying for. :tup: to being ok

wow man, wow

VERY glad you’re OK.

glad you’re ok.

side airbags ftw much?

woah glad to hear youre alright

Good to hear you came out okay, a lot of people take safety for granted these days. :slight_smile:

That’s f-ing crazy about the cops/accident, ESPECIALLY with an accident that serious, and where the other driver BETTER have been cited for causing the accident/etc.

Glad you’re ok though!!

My GF almost had the same thing happen to her yesterday AM; some douchebag blew a red light infront of her as she was starting into the intersection; if she had been any further in the intersection he would’ve taken the front end off her focus.