Sightings Thread

This gem at the wal-mart in EG. Wing was damn near level with the roof

that is awesome.

The trunk appeared to be a flat/primer black as well

I kinda want to find a dumper trunk for my MR2 and put a STUPID big wing on it to swap out when I feel like it :rofl

petes old car at red lobster

and one wiper = HELLO 2001!

Theres a black Saturn 4dr at the walmart in Cobleskill that also has a HUGE wing. I will grab a pic next time I see it.

I got yanked for this on sunday. First dick bag asks me to hit the gas, I bumped it like 200rpm, and he said yep not legal. I said whats not legal, it has a muffler and a cat, and as you can see its been inspected. He said you cant change anything on a car that doesnt come from the factory. I LOL’d and told him, this doesnt even have the factory engine, hense the NVRSTOCK lic.

I ended up getting the ticket. But thye never took out a db meter, and never looked under the car. I asked the cop when he came back what the law stated, he said “I already told you what it says, you cant replace the factory exhaust” i said, I am sure that there is much more to the wording than that, please explaine exactly what is illegal right now. He told me to ask the DA, I told him I already texted the DA while I was sitting here! He goes I am sorry I ruined your day, I go, ohh no you didnt ruin my day dont pat yourself on the back, and you sir, have a good day. i started the car back up and rolled the window up.

FN… whats the deal with this? I read the law, it says you cant alter the factory exhaust system so that it doesnt increase the noise. so yeah I am wrong, but if they didnt read it on a db meter, how can they prove it is louder than the factory exhaust in court? I sure as hell wont be driving the jetta to court, so do I have a case?

Ive had s few cops tell me any modification is illegal. Also, they can hit you with a distraction to other drivers. The laws are so general that they can be twisted anyway they want, fuck NYS.

Yeah its gay as shit. but I think if I plea not guilty and tell the da/my friend and the judge/friends dad… that they didnt visually check the exhaust and/or test it with a db meter I dont see how they can prove it has been modified at this time. I think i can get it dumped.

also, this is making me want to install my stock exhaust and the QTP cutout I have sitting on the bench asap. It would have been so fucking awesome to close the cut out up, and have him ask me to rev it up and it would be dead silent! ahahah I gotta get to work i guess!

my single wiper has a full sweep and stops where i set it to.

I was justtttt about to type this, whenever a “omg i just got an exhaust ticket wtf fuck the USA” thread come up on any forum I suggest 3" downpipe or whatever you need ->cutout ->stock cat and rest of exhaust. I see NO reason why anyone would need otherwise unless you REALLY needed the weight gone. I had Borlas on my SER and sure it sounded great, but coming into/leaving the neighborhood at night or in the morning was disruptive and the drone got old.

cutouts ftmfw, plus the total price is around the same as a decent catback (~$300+installation)

Yeah, thats the plan. I rushed to get the jetta rolling and threw together a quick cat/muff combo and sent it out the door. Also I cant seem to find the L piece to my stock cat back atm, so I need to find or buy someones MK4 stock Jetta cat back and get to burning some stainless.

Should have said it was a factory replacement catalytic converter and muffler. There’s NO way he can argue against that rationally.

I went to the cop station with the ticket, had an officer look at my car and sign the ticket, and then handed it to the clerk working there. I really liked not having tint this morning because when I got in my car there was a huge difference in how much the car warmed up without the film on the doors. You can feel the sun’s heat coming through when you are driving too. Combined with the heated seats and hot heater this feels niiiiice when it’s frigid outside :slight_smile:

So, total months tinted: 11
Tint-related traffic stops: 3
Tickets: 1 issued, 0 found guilty
Current window transparency: 70%, NYS’s legal limit

Yeah NYS law with this stuff is gay, but what I’ve found so far:

if it doesn’t look relatively stock, you will pay every ticket you get until you change it until something that is.

round canister style mufflers are never a good idea, just get an oval/rectangular muffler. it looks like you just had the factory system replaced at a muffler shop, even if it is louder you still have a better shot than some fart can.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/408672209_ac22849c30.jpg

quoted for truth

Saw a dude with some long hair in a black MK3 give me a nod on the thruway this am. I acted like a ricer and gave it a little spool for a sec, the guy gave me a thumbs up and a smile.

everyone likes the sound of boost.

^so true lol

Thats the kid I sold my Alero’s wing to :lol Guess he wanted to put the 16’’ base pieces on it.

Sucks that you had to strip it, but the car def warms up faster without it. I feel like I had the best tint experience with my 35-5 on the Olds…took almost 2 years for them to stop me for it once.
Visibility in the rain is the other thing you’ll be happy to have back.

ALSO, say Illya outside of North on RPI campus a few days ago.

saw a black mk4 supra wingless on central today, looked stock.