Silvia front end convo on 1991 180sx

I got in an accident with my 180 and I was told that restoring the original front end parts would be difficult and costly, so my second thought was doing a silvia front end conversion. My question is how much would the parts be and the difficulty of the install, could I do it myself or would it be better to get a shop to do it? The car isn’t a write off, the frame peice in the front needs to be bent back into shape and maybe a little fabrication needs to be done, but other that that, the install should be smooth. Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jordan

Theres a Silvia front end on here for 1200 I think. But stay with the pop ups, they look much better. If frame work needs to be done, dont hack your car up, take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

How much money are you comfortable with spending? Which front end appeals to you more. . .factory or the conversion?

i’m pretty comfortable with spending what it takes to get the car back either stock or convo, I personally liked the flips ups better than the silvia headlights, but I was told it would be costly and very difficult to get the flip ups back in.

it there was enough damage to the front end, you should have it pulled and the rad cradle replaced. then you can put the popups back on like stock.

there are plenty of good examples of kitted 180sx’s on the net. as opposed to not so many nice sil180’s imo. strawberry face 180’s are OK, and S14 Kouki 180’s are better.

i think fastback should sticdk with 180 front and coupe stick with silvia front… just my opinion. and theres also many stock 240sx front ends floating around the net…

I put the Silvia front on my 180 start to finish in like 3 hours with out any problems other than wiring on the corner lamps and where the plug that makes my horns work are

does anyone know?