Sirius Hits 4 Million

Just got the word on stern…they also picked up VW and Audi.

good for them. but i dont really care. adding more people doesnt make my cost/month go down.

^ also doesn’t make them more intriguing for new subscribers.

hellz yeah :slight_smile:

XM can suck it

you know by posting good sirius news like this is just going to rile up the O&A army - so lets not trash talk XM and say stuff like XM subscribers can actually get their service down to $3 a month… :wink:

Coming from Howard, I don’t believe it. I’ll wait for the official announcement.

yes, because there’s something to be gained by lying about the number of subscribers. did you get your XM monthly subscription reduced to 3 bucks yet?

What are you talking about?
Yes there is something to be gained by lying. Howard’s stock will tell you.
He lies about lots of things. Like never wanting to work a 4 day week. Whoops.

P.S. My XM costs $8 a month.

4 days a week with shows averaging well over 5 hours and less than 14 mins of commericals per hour. Name another entertainment show that comes close to putting out original material at that pace.

XM is so desperate in trying to retain subscribers, if you call customer service and tell them you want to quit b/c the cost is too high, they’ll lower your subscription to 3 bucks.

sirius is awesome. I cant say I really have any neg. things to say about it.

unfortunately still for their stock - stern is nothing

sirius remains a shitty stock to buy

which essentially means little faith in the company.

Agreed. I own some of that shitty stock

Me too.

i dont care about the stock…

and stern has only taken off two fridays since he has started… is it not ok for him to take a personal/sick day?

He is going to take off every Friday but Sirius didn’t want him to right away because it would piss people off. People were pissed when he was on Free radio and took time off. Imagine what its like now that they are paying.

Also, search around for the audio of him mere months ago saying how “working a 4 day work week is doing a disservice to your listeners” “You aren’t doing your job” Its very hypocritical.

Speaking of hypocrisy, Stern was just on Shawn Hannity admitting that he had O&A censored. The King of Free Speech had people working for his own company censored from talking about him. They weren’t saying bad things about him and they both worked for Infinity Broadcasting. But somehow he found that they were a threat and went to his bosses to shut them up. He admits on Hannity that he is in favor of free speech only when it benefits him. That is how a super fan like me, goes to hating him.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={355B392F-8692-41A2-8C65-F591CA013A70}&dist=rss&siteid=mktw

like i said i could care less even if he takes a day off. there a million other things on his channels to keep me busy like bubba or tissue time with Heidi Cortez… and the list goes on of small specials he has.

i must have been number 4 million last night when i clicked activate :slight_smile:

their sales doubled twice from 04 to 05 and they are building equity at a steady pace. the only concern might be their profit and free cash… but thats not a big deal. they are using their money for expansion. they may not be a great stock but i doubt that company is going anywhere.

i believe eventually both companies will merge into one - which really doesn’t bode well for us consumers. XM truly dropped the ball when they didnt make Howard a real offer - plus the elimination of commercial free music (with the exception of 4 stations) really hurts their sales point.

commercial free FTW

Sirius cost to gain a new subscriber - est. $134 per sub
XM cost to gain a new subscriber - est. $64 per sub