Sirius/XM

Anyone subscribe to this? I just signed up after they released the iPhone app which gives you access to the internet streaming portion of it and I am pretty impressed esp cuz I can plug it into my car and take it with me. After 7 days tho its 12.95 a month for radio? Its more expensive than my netflix.

I drive a lot, so I listen to it in my car. I would say about 1/3 of my time is spent listening to it rather than my ipod or FM stations. I go through phases though.

I think if I had it on my phone it would be better though, because I could take it with me. Especially if I am listening to an interview or something, I hate sitting in the car waiting for them to get done, but don’t want to turn it off… :frowning:

X…

I have been with them since the beginning. Price is going up again.

i had it for 5 years. canceled it when they merged. it used to be a lot better.

I subscribe cause I love O&A… no complaints here.
Find another subscriber and get them to add you on their plan for $6 a month if you think its too expensive

I love my sirius subscription. I use uSirius and Orb so I can stream it to my BB for free. Works great!

yeah forgot to mention i use uxm and orb also, free streaming

What do you mean? Can you add multiple people to accounts? How many people can be logged in at once with an email?

I don’t mind paying for it cuz I do enjoy it, it just seems $13 is a bit high for radio.

If you find someone that has an XM radio regular subscription, they can add online to their account for $2.99 a month. They can also add another XM radio for $6 a month, like a family cell phone plan.

http://www.xmradio.com/whatisxm/plans-pricing.xmc

I’ve had Sirius in my car for about 5 years, I love it. I also have XM in my wife’s car, and XM in the garage. Defiantly worth it.

I was just in my friend’s car earlier as he listened to digitally imported via his iphone to headunit and it sounded great and didn’t drop.

so I would say there are enough options like that and slacker radio etc that I’m not going to pay.

So I tried to pay the monthly subscription for online only and their payment system wont take my card becuase it keeps trying to change my billing address street from two words to one.

They have no contact number or anything to call so screw it. I will just keep making yahoo/msn emails and signing up for free trials since all you need is an email to recieve the password on.

Bump, anyone buy a vehicle recently and start getting emails from Sirius out of the blue? I don’t remember ever giving them my email… is this legit?

i have not got that email. Been with them for 7 months.

No email but I did get a letter in the mail when I bought a used Toyota Rav4 from SirusXM.

They gave me a free 3 month trial of the service. They must have gotten my information from the DMV in Texas.

Anyways, I gave a listen for 3 months, then decided it was not worth it to spend 20 bucks a month for radio in my car.

The stations I listened to were not commercial free, the ones that were commercial free had stupid DJ’s talking and playing trivia games with people who called in.

If you listen to one station pretty consistently you will notice there is a lot of the same songs being played over and over at the same time.

I have an unlimited 4g plan on my iphone, I may just start using my aux input more.

When you buy a new car, they scrub the customer database and offer cheap subs. If you buy a car with free XM for 90 days (most new cars do) or a CPO with free XM for 90 days (most CPO’s do) - then they will follow up with you after 60 days or so to see if you want to continue.

So the dealership actually gave Sirius my email address? It’s not the worst thing in the world but like @JustinH said, who really needs it anymore when most people have unlimited internet plans and audio connections to their cars.

No idea what the dealership did. Did you receive free Sirius as a trial?

And do answer your question most people don’t have those things. Most people you know, might…but not most people. Most people think bluetooth connectivity is something new and exciting when they get a new car.

I have a trial channel I think.

I wasn’t referring to Bluetooth. Lots of vehicles come with audio input jacks. My brother’s 15 year old Sentra has one, I’m sure there are other examples too. Hell, even if you have a tape deck you can make it happen with one of these good-ole-boys:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Lx9CC699L._SY300_.jpg

The point I’m trying to make is that Sirius doesn’t really seem worth it anymore.

I meant unlimited data plans and the ability or know-how to use their phone to listen to said programming. XM is convenient. For the same reason I have Hulu/Pandora/Spotify/XM/Fios/HBOGo/Showtime/Amazon Prime/Netflix
and I’m still paying $300/mo when I probably could’ve cut the cord years ago and saved $200 of it.

If you have a free trial, XM more than likely received your information in order to activate it when the car was sold.