Sirius radio

Lately Ive been thinking of getting Sirius radio for my car/anything I drive. Im getting sick of local radio stations and sick of playing the same cd’s over and over. I do a decent amount of driving, especially since I drive a truck all day for work.

Does anybody here have it and is it worth the $13 a month?

I found this radio on ebay and it seems to be a pretty good one with alot of features:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360090914584&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

I’ve got it for the sheer point of listening to Howard and Octane(metal/rock station). Worth it to me for the 2-3 days a week i listen to it at the shop. It does make long trips more enjoyable due to the variety of channels(comedy and shit like that too)

Howard alone is worth $13 a month.

X2… Plus the sportster 5 radio is an awesome unit… I just bought a stilletto so I can also have the satelite radio on the road with me when im traveling with work.

I got my XM receiver last December and literally have not listened to terrestrial radio in my car since. It’s one of the few things besides divorce that’s actually worth the money.

Im not really a fan of Howard Stern so he’s not why Id be getting it.
Im going to think about this a little more over the next day or so then Ill probably get it. Some days I drive over 200 miles while at work so it would be nice to listen to something different for a change.

With the amount of veriety offered, you cannot go wrong.

This is on of the best tings you can buy. I got it for howard and stay for the great channels, i have now bought it for my brother and girlfriend and bolth say they will never again listen to regular radio.

How much does it end up costing after taxes and bullshit fees? Also how is the reception up north in the Adirondacks?

Same here, about 3+ years ago I bought XM and disconnected my power antenna and have never listened to regular radio since.

There is 100% reception anywhere in the US but not in hawaii i tried it 2 weeks ago and it did not work. I dont know what the bill is but its not much more then 13 a month, i have had it for 3 years and when i get into some one elses car that dose not have it sucks, fuck testical radio.

They hit you with a couple small fees up front for starting up(was like $60 total) but then $13 per month thereafter. It was put in writing that even though this merger was going down the $13 monthly service fee would not increase for at least two years.

Rarely is there a reception problem. I listen to it from my main shop(pattersonville) all the way up into Lake Placid with no issues and I have the cheap shit free receiver that I got when I bought my wifes a couple years ago(StarMate). And if you don’t like Howard that’s cool, he’s two channels(100/101) of a boat load of channels and when the merger completes, you’ll be able to listen to XM channels too(and vice versa).

Hands down $13 I don’t ever mind spending a month.

Im pretty sure Im going to get it.
I heard that reception sucked up north but its great if it doesnt. I drive to Warrensburg 5 days a week and regular radio doesnt come in very well up there.

in case u didnt know guys xm and sirius merged the begining of this month its now call siriusxm
ive had sirius for over 4 years now!!!

my input, not just cause i work there. buy it from best buy, buy the service plan, your antenna will break in the next 4 years, no they will never come out with a better antenna, no it can not be fixed, but the service plan will cover the antenna and it is like an extra 20 bucks.

and if you don’t have an aux in buy an fm mod or you will hate life.

Ive got a stock deck in my Elantra and I dont plan on changing that. My Mustang and the truck I drive for work have some kind of an input or output thing on the front for mp3 players- is that what youre talking about?

Will the Fm mod thing work with a stock deck?

yes, fm mods work through the antenna port on the back of the deck.

Nice. To me theres no deck like a stock deck so I didnt want to swap it out.