anybody else bored with sirius?

I’ve had sirius for a little over a year in my car.

I got on with my buddies plan, so I only pay him 6 bucks a month.

I usually pay it a year in advance or whatever.

Honestly, its not even worth the 6 bucks a month, let alone the full 12.95 or whatever it costs now.

All the music stations play songs on endless repeat, the talk radio stations aren’t interesting at all… Who wants to hear headline news repeat the same newscast every 30 minutes?

I used to think that the Maxim radio station and Playboy would be decent, but its absolutely terrible radio. I can barely listen to either station for more than a minute.

I’m thinking of just getting a cd player with a usb input and just loading it up with podcasts every day…

Is anybody listening to hdradio? Anything worth listening to?

yeah, i did the 5yr contract thing for my sirius 1.5yrs ago

used it for about 3mos

saw no purpose to continue. perpetually felt as though i was waiting for a good song to come on, no matter what i did. ugh.

the only reason i listen to it is because its got newer music on than local radio stations and more of a variety.

im more interested in the podcasts tho, is there a monthly fee or do they just charge you by the download?

honestly i dont see myself having the time to update my podcasts all the time and im sure it would be more than 13 bucks a month.

try XM :tup: (although I hear the merger is going through)

I might check it out man… Maybe I’ll wait until the dust settles so that I don’t end up with brick equipment…

Podcasts are free, just browse around the podcast section of the itunes store.

I work a very boring job at a bank, I have 8 hours of fresh material to listen to every day of the week.

I usually listen to Leo Laporte tech podcasts, and stuff like that. I subscribe to 40 podcasts, and there is always new stuff to listen to.

I have itunes setup so that it sets up a playlist automatically of new material, and I just have to spend 2 minutes in the morning syncing it to my 40 dollar ipod shuffle.

are they going to require new receivers or will both still work for the merge?

nice ill have to look into that. iv got a 160 gb ipod, im sure i can find alot of them to put on there.

ill be riding the bike to work more, so ill have to find something that i will enjoy listening to.

Sirius is only nice because I don’t pay for it.

i still love my area 38 for EDM, Vonyc Sessions with PVD alone are worth it to me. I also like boombox for breakbeats, and the beat for mainstream dance remixes :clap: Oh and not to mention the 90s alternative channel rocks too! But thats just me. :gotme:

Thats funny.

When I worked at this shitty electronics overstock store we would get store demos from Best Buy.

I had two of those XM Boombox radios with lifetime subscriptions on them. I listened to the one for the two years that I worked at the place, I should have taken the thing with me when I left.

Thing would have been worth a fortune on ebay to some schmuck.

lol I got my new car with it already subscribed and paid up for 4 more years. I listen to mostly the techno channels. I catch different shit alot, sounds awesome in my car.

I’m just gonna load up an ipod with music and use that instead.

i never listened to sirius before, but when i worked at the chevy dealer i would listen to xm all day, and i would never hear the same music played in the same week even. i never really listened to talkshows, besides sports… which were a lot better than just 550am because there are shows for every single sport you could imagine.

dont know how much it cost, but xm was def awesome to have