Sirius and XM satelite radio Merge

http://www.foxbusiness.com/article/justice-department-gives-siriusxm-merger-ok_530362_1.html

its about freekin time

FINALLY!!! Now that bitch better start moving cause i have been holding it for too damn long.

Still needs the FCC approval though.

should i wait now before i go and buy XM?? or do u think it will matter later on… cuz my headunit is XM ready, not XM/SIRIUS merge ready, like it makes a difference

i doubt it will make a difference. all that will happen probably is more stations will be available

grrr… In my virtual options trading account I banked on this and made a TON of fake money.

should have manned up and done that deal in real cash.

I have been holding shares since November waiting on the merger. Now hopefully the FCC approves and it drives the price up a good amount. After hours it dosen’t look to be moving that much. This is comical since speculation of merger in the past has moved this stock 20% in a day now it gets approval and moves about 10% LOL. We will see how tomorrow goes.

I was just reading something and remembered you asked this yesterday.

Under one offer the companies announced last July, subscribers would be able to choose 50 channels for $6.99 – a 46 % decrease from the current standard subscription rate of $12.95. Customers could then add more channels for a minimum of 25 cents each.

hmmm, i would be more inclined to get one if that were the case

Well the deal is still pending approval from the FCC and this is one of the things that looks like will be included. So nothing set in stone but we will know more soon.

The Justice Department doesn’t see this as a monopoly?
Interesting.

Do you?

What other satalite radio companies are there?

but can you call it a monopoly when its not something that is necessity? I mean you dont really need satellite radio.

if it were on something like milk, bread, water, etc i could see monopoly

justice dept. doesn’t want to see both companies go out of business… that’s the bottom line in this case.

Agreed.
AWD i do see it as the same way as you but i also look at it as control of music though which it will not. Hell with current technology in a few years you will be able to get live streaming station FREE easily i would think. Anyhow im not in it for the ethics of business im in it for the $$$$ in my pocket.

back in 2001 (I think, around there at least) Dish Network and DirectTV tried merging and didn’t get approved as it would of been considered a monopoly. I can’t imagine this being any different.

I actually hope that it doesn’t go through. Or if it does, I don’t want to see Mel as the head honcho

Actually in 1997 when sat radio started there was something that said NO to mergers. There is a solid possibility the FCC will shoot it down but i really don’t think they will. Mostly from economic pressure like theblue said.

i wonder how long it will take for FCC to approve and new prices to start etc etc, cuz i kinda want XM right now so i might just buy it soon