Sirius and XM satelite radio Merge

what happens if you bought sirius for life with the 500 dollar thing they had way back when i signed up?
Do i loose all my channels? get all the new ones? or do i now have to pay more for more shit when i get it free for life now?

that “shouldn’t” change I’d think

i wonder how long it will take for FCC to approve and new prices to start etc etc, cuz i kinda want XM right now so i might just buy it soon

not sure… I may re-new my subscription early to avoid higher prices

It is per month IIRC so no contract so if you buy it now and it changes you would just have to switch plans. But i would call and check first.

I think the plans are staying seperate so your channels aren’t going to change. But you will have to see what the FCC comes up with as far as terms assuming they pass it that is.

hmmm, didnt realise that. Guess it makes sense then

The difference is that that was in 2001 it is 2008. They passed it due to advances in technology making music/mp3 so easy to have anywhere anytime. They looked at it as music as an entity and not just sat radio.

prices will not go up… both companies are fighting hard enough just to stay in business… that’s the whole point of the merger.

Are you talking about stock prices or subscription?

subscription… we got all these n00bs going “OMG monopoly”

i have always like the service

OH yea lol didn’t anyone read the quote i posted earlier subscription prices are probably coming DOWN. lol OMGZORZ MONOPOLIEZZZZ MY SAT RADIO IS GOING TO BE $100 a month :(:beer2:

I just don’t want to see my 500 dollar lifetime subscription go down the tubes due to new rules and a merger, after all its why I paid the 1 time 500 dollar fee to avoid that.

Now if they merge and they say to us lifetimers you’re SOL I wonder what will happen.

I’m worried about the douche in charge @ sirius more than a monopoly. (he’s the guy that fired O&A after the sex for sam stunt and more importantly, keeps howards balls warm for him)

edit: and when they went to XM, they didn’t exactly have a lot of nice things to say about him or howard lol

:tdown:

I understand your concern but this is why IF the FCC approves it they make a bunch of rules and guidelines for the two to follow. You will be protected man you don’t need to worry about it. Oh and if im wrong then…my bad the monopoliez gots you homie!!!

LOL yea i see what you are saying. O&A rule too.

you paid $500 for a lifetime? by my quick calculation that will take 41 years to break even…

but I guess after that it’s free!

edit: ok, maybe 30 years since the regular rate will go up at some point.

LOL you did 41 MONTHLY payments to break even, there are 12 months in a year silly. HAHAHA so 3.42 years to break even. LOL :poke:

:word:

i was thinking kind of the same things.

i guess we will see in the near future :confused:

More subscription info, too much to summarize so i will link it.

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/invest/Story?ID=STORYID%3Detrade_2008_03_26_eng-etrade_cbs2_market_watch_eng-etrade_cbs2_market_watch_629EA197-94F7-497B-8391-4473BD9556D6&provider=DowJones

They haven’t specified whether popular programming, such as Sirius’ Howard Stern or XM’s major league baseball, would be part of the “select programming” available.

no ona love lol

^^LOL i know WTF

hhahah they went with XM’s Major League Baseball :lol:

when did I say that… I kid… I quickly figured out my math was wrong and deleted the post. good thing some ass didn’t quote me for the 2 seconds it existed :wave: