Sirius satellite radio = bad reception??

has anyone with sirius been having crappy reception recently? mine has been cutting in and out a lot more than b4

I hit a few black spots here an there around town. Ill lose it for maybe 1-2 seconds then im good again. Check your modulating station, i keep my high up in the 106+ range

This morning I could not get anything, I just listened online. Now its fine

Yeah, I noticed that too, and it happened a week or so ago too.

x…

the local repeater is probably down

yea it sucked this morning.

Wow I though it was me. Mine has been hit or miss since tuesday. Constantly acquiring signal.

:inb4xmisbetterneverlosesignalsiriussuckssternblows:

yea everyone at work with sirius was complaining yesterday and today… guess they are all back up and running now though.

[quote=“Darksyde,post:7,topic:25864"”]

Wow I though it was me. Mine has been hit or miss since tuesday. Constantly acquiring signal.

:inb4xmisbetterneverlosesignalsiriussuckssternblows:

[/quote]

my XM never missed a beat, and stern does suck :tup:

mine never faded :shrug:

Mel Karmazin must be taking money out of the repeater maintenance to pay for the merger.

it seems to be somewhat better now but the signal is still not like normal. i usually have all 3 bars and now most of the time i have 2

when i was in buffalo yesterday, it just quit and did not work again till i got to alden.

Mine did cut out two times yesterday but its been fine today.

mine is being an asshole right now @ my house…

sometimes its 100% perfect sometimes i cant get anything

im having/have had no issues :gotme:

sometimes i wish it would go out and stay out. i swear, every time i’m listening to Anything on sirius, i’m waiting for something better to come on. Perpetually.

[quote=“Viper966,post:5,topic:25864"”]

the local repeater is probably down

[/quote]

thats pretty funny i cant recall any satelites flying around buffalo

[quote=“BIGHANDS,post:17,topic:25864"”]

[/quote]

its not just transmitted by satellite u know

mines been all good :gotme:

[quote=“BIGHANDS,post:17,topic:25864"”]

[/quote]

there are local repeaters that transmit off of cell towers, especially in urban areas where there are LOS issues to the sats… on some of the older recievers you can go into the sat aiming display and it will show you strength of both signals, with XM in buffalo im about 60/40 repeater/sat