Skateshelter's STI & johnnyk6mt's Accord

Yea i hear u like i said that should be enough. Pete is in debt with letting me drive his car so then i can fell what it is like.

hahaha… yea i remember hearing that alot. that baby moves tho. id be out beating on it

your gonna love it, drives so nice… maybe 20% more pedal feel but other then that it feels like stock!

Well then drive to my house now or when we at the lava this week i drive your car there to get the young women.

My experience is only on the R34 and R33. Evo’s might be a bit different, who knows.

ACT’s combination of the heavy duty pressure plate and their performance street disk are rated to 515ft. lbs. PM JVG, get a price. He should be able to help you out.

BTW: I have the above combination in the LGT, and it’s still simple and easy to drive. Smooth engagement, with only a slight increase in pedal effort.

What clutch is in your car?

I’m seriously considering switching out the clutch in the GT-R. It’s an on/off switch with a very small window of slipping. Pain in the dick.

ok yea i will shoot him a pm tomorrow and see if this guy buys my toolbox then i should have some cash.

Is there like this cool new craze with AWD vehicles and twin disc clutches?

Fuckin a everywhere i turn someones mentioning getting a twin disc

[QUOTE=Shady;576058]Is there like this cool new craze with AWD vehicles and twin disc clutches?

Fo sho

its an exedy twin HD cermatalic with sprung disks… i was originally gonna get a quatermaster/competion twin but read that the driveabilty sucks and the wear life sucks (10-15k)… the QM and the competion are unsprung, which i’m guessing yours are aswell hence the shitty drivability?

Yea. Nismo makes two twin plates for the GTR’s. One’s ‘competition’ with twin unsprung, the other is a sprung hub. Guess which one I have…

I’m looking at Exedy’s now and I’m trying to get some intel from other owners.

One day, when you make enough torque, you’ll understand.
:tongue

the competition one haha?

Unless your making serious power theres no need for it on a street driven vehicle IMO. There’s plenty of clutches that will hold the power most of the people are making on this forum that are streetable and dont cost $2k+

I know your just bustin my balls, im just saying, seems like a hell of a lot of money to spend on a vehicle some of these people dont even own nor will probably even own the car long enough to put the money in them to even come close to needing a twin disc.

And coss im not being a dick when I say this at all, you know me well enough to know this… but why did you get the unsprung nismo you have now, seems like your just pissing away money on these baller ass clutches, i know your one to do your research which is why im suprised you got a clutch thats a pain in the cock to drive and now looking at something else with owner feedback to see how streetable it is. WHy not find a single disc setup that will take what that car has, im sure theres a few out there that will hold 500-600ftlbs tq… will be streetable and not a pain tin the dick to drive.

Its not just about the capacity to hold the power its the longevity they provide. Its designed to hold up to high rpm launches. I would not want to be changing out regular single disc clutches all the time on an evo.

All this gay ass clutch talk, HOW ABOUT THE FUCKING WHEEL WEIGHT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ALL THE WHEELS!

isn’t that some sort of BBS blasphemy or something. Get some stick on weights and put them on the inside of the wheel behind the spoke.