Whats your favorite clutch?

Getting ready to grab a new clutch for the eclipse as its starting to slip from the increase in power from recent mods, but unsure what I wanna get… My goal is 500whp and only 500whp… Im going to daily my shit, I have no desire to run 1,000whp so I dont think theres a need for a twin disk…

So far im thinking a South bend is the best bet, but what do you guys think?

I had an ACT heavy duty pressure plate and their street disk (full, not pucked) in my Subaru and it was good. I only had 300awhp, so you may need one of their pucked clutch disks, at the minimum.

The “best” clutch is different for each owner and application. The engines torque and driving style should be the primary consideration for what will work best and provide a good service life. Sounds like a single plate puck clutch will be the most practical option.

My recommendation would be to stick with a quality brand that has sfi approved parts. I have no personal experience with south bend, but ACT has a pretty good track record for mitsu stuff as well as others.

I had a clutch master stage 5 and now have a competition clutch stage 5. Both are good in my book.

I used to be a big fan of ACT, but have heard they have fell off recently… Was thinking of getting the 2900.

I meant whats your favorite/best brand, not the actual clutch.

No experience with clutch masters, but had the same clutch you have now in my old s2000… Felt…too stock lol, idk if thats a good or bad thing haha.

I just bought a clutch masters fx300, which is good for street and strip and holds a good amount of power. I know a guy whose got serious hook ups so i got mine for a great price

act 2600 is more than enough. and its cheap

I haev an ACT 6 puck in my Z, only put about 3-4k on it since I put it in but I love it…

Southbend is great, honestly southbend would be my first choice, there clutch is quality and their customer service is top notch, but i got the ACT from Ninty1two40

Loved my act 2600 in the vr-4

Why no twin disk?

Probably since its a pain in the ass to drive daily…

Then you didn’t have the HD pressure plate. Mine feels far from stock.

Depends on the composition of the clutch, but price is probably more of an issue, every twin setup I’ve ever seen is fucking money, chances are a twin might be a bit overkill for whatever he’s building anyways

500 horse has no need for a twin anyway.

its overkill for the set up im going for and its 4 times the price of a single.

tilton

Torque convertor.

:gay2

Whys that gay? Sorry i cant grind 1-4th like you.

Best one is the one that doesn’t slip.

After installing a couple dozen DSM/Evo clutches I can vouch the best one for 99% of these cars is the ACT lineup. Greddy twin disk is a pile of shit. Avoid it. Modulates like crap and doesn’t last for shit if you DO slip it.

Plenty of other clutches out there that will hold more power and whatnot, but are completely unnecessary in this application.