Skydiver falls to his death in Batavia

The event is called Batavia Boogie it goes on every year the week of the 4th I think. A bunch of WNY skydivers get together to skydive all week.

Here is the article:
http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/384955.html

I was scheduled to go skydiving with Frontier Skydivers this past Sunday (6/29) with my father and sister for her 18th bday. I went with my older brother when I turned 18.(Fucking Awesome) Long story short it got rescheduled for this morning (7/4) at 9am.

I get a phone call at 11pm last night telling me the whole operation was suspended for now and to call Frontier Skydivers in the morning to reschedule. She told me an experienced skydiver got injured. I woke up in the morning and my parents saw on the news that he died. Pretty crazy, my mom was petrified from the event “that could have been anyone”.

Cliff Notes: Guys parachute fails to open and died last night. I was scheduled to skydive with the same group this morning.

[COLOR=Black]About 30 people die each year in parachuting accidents. I still want to go but my parents are going to wait for a while. This is why you sign some pretty comprehensive waiver forms.
[/COLOR]

dude i just drove by that batavia boogie thing on my way back from a wedding

thats crazy

everything came to a crashing hault? or was it a dead silence

That has to be one of the coolest ways to get taken out.

^^^ for real, half of the people that hear me say i would love to skydive are like what if you die. my response is that even if the chute failed to open. i would be going head first doing terminal velocity, so there would’nt be time for pain

I plan on going sky diving, and bungee jumping within the next year or 2. if I die, fuck it.

If my shoot didn’t open I would make myself swan dive into the pavement.

and to think your crazy ass invited me to go on this trip. glad i was up 3000 ft. above sea level, but my feet were still on the ground the whole time.

I still want to go sky diving. How much does it cost anyway. I know you have to be attached to someone a first right?

How much is that?

↑ In, would also like to know.

damn glad i turned down your invite. that’s fucked up.

I’ll go!

Main chute and backup shoot didn’t deploy. I bet the FAA finds the guy had stroke or heart attack.

I’ve only seen one other parachute death in the local news, In that case the guy’s main chute didn’t open and instead of cutting it away and then pulling the reserve like they’re trained he panicked and pulled the reserve first. The reserve tangled with the main and the guy went splat.

Or there was some catastrophic pack failure. They also tie the reserve shoots into an altitude trigger so if that fails to deploy many, many things went :fuzzyfish:

what is the quietest place in the world?

a parachute complaint center :shrug:

^ So wrong but so funny.

bump

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8619168

FAA finds no issue with parachute. Skydiver never pulled rip cord.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Not really funny. Guy probably had a stroke or heart attack.

yeah.