Slammed the Audi

all depends on the tooling and usually with a set of drop springs you dont have to recompress. the last passat i did was not problem and nor was the new GTi. No compressing necessary.

Front looks goofy with the drastically uneven wheel to fender gaps

I wish I had pics of my old kia that I SLAMMED to the ground. It was on a cheap set of ebay coilovers I bought for $40. it rode like complete shit and going down the extension was a major headache (literally b/c my head would bounce up into the roof. lol). Im sure there are plenty of people on here that remember that damn thing.

Still much more complicated then removing the old strut assembly and swapping in a new assembly.

Looks sick man! Glad to see someone has the balls to rock a lowered car around here, just level it out (lower read a tad) and pick up some wheels!

Am I going to need to re-use any parts of the old assembly?

LOL OK no more q’s… I think.:tongue

EDIT: spring compression is a give-in. I’ll just borrow a friends. I anticipated that lol.

I think were talking about 2 different things here… most coil over kits i’ve dont have not come as an assembly and require the removal of the front strut bearing assemlby for reinstallation on the new whatever you’re putting in. also the rear requires the swap of similar parts. Unless you have a coil over setup that compess complete with new bearings its all the same process. In that case you are abosolutely right.

No worries on the Questions dood. Thats what forums for!

yea keep em comin

Believe me I know. I guess on my “home” forum the moderators are a bit more… how should I say this… nazi’s. So for an automotive thread going OT is frowned upon. Usually i’d just make my own thread.

This thread just brought up the fact that I REALLLLLLY need to get off my lazy ass and get some work done on my B5.

Deff man. I miss my b5 a4 wicked bad

I miss my B5’s too!

B5’s & BJ’s FTW

Fixed.

LMAO, but i was refering to my place of employment

Haha, well sure.

raise it up man. looks like a cholo ride. and i will put money on it, it handles worse than stock when like that. might give you the feeling its handling because its stiff, but your roll center is out of whack, and the shock is out of its effective range.

spin the front up about 8-10 threads(counting high spots, not valleys on the threads), and the back around 4 and youll be much better off

Definitely an inch or so low in the front and maybe a bitttt high in the rear. Getting there though!! Gonna look even better in 10 days :excited

I need to make mine a bit more cholo-ish.

with a proper wheel on it, it would probably look alot better, but those stock B7 wheels look silly with it that low