Slow Paypal? Why?

So me and my friend both bought the same gaming mouse off ebay, within 5mins of each other. I thought it was normal for paypal to take 3 days to clear the payment to the other party, and then they ship out. I find out he got his today, when mine just shipped out…

Is there a reason why my paypal does, and has taken 3 days for a payment to clear when his paypal account did it with in one?

Is your account confirmed and are you shipping to a confirmed address?

Im pretty sure, let me check the account confirmed thing.

Paypal can take up to 5 - 7 days to clear.
If you dont have a paypal balance and it has to take the money fromy our credit or checking account.
It will take 3 - 7 days to clear.
I HATED when people didn’t have a balance, they’d pay me and I’d have to sit and wait for it to clear from their bank.

Its pulls from my bank instantly, but my bank account is confirmed.

if you are confirmed no issue, did you issue an e-check, that takes about 5-10 days to process

I just checked this whole confirmed thing. This WHOLE time its been using echecks and not my card. Im fucking pissed. Is there anyway to switch it so it pulls from the card instead of an echeck?

Create another payment option, make that your primary, delete the echeck option.

dumb question, but where is the payment options?

you can not delete your echeck option, some places that is the only way you can pay, just make sure you do instant transfer/put your CC on file

Wait, should I remove the “bank account” option, both my credit card and bank say primary on them

same

The reason they pay it instantly is because you backed it with a credit card if the echeck fails.

If you don’t have a credit card on file they will actually wait until the check clears…

Remember, paypal is not a bank, they make the interest on your paypal balance, and they invest it in their own interests.

not true, Echecks will always take 5-10 business days. Bank transfers work the way you just desribed

Not true in NO cases.
If you paypal balance is $0.00
When you send a payment and it drafts from your bank.
It sends but it dosent clear on the sellers end until your bank clears it.
Its basically the asame as if you were uploading funds into your account first.
I reccomend uploading x ammount of dollars into your paypal for rapid transactions.