SlowBoy Racing sucks..Local shop Reviews

I believe ESE is closed to the public. I’m pretty sure they’re getting out of BMW tuning… they might be trying Audi? Last I heard they’re going to do just internet sales.

Just a bunch of rumors though.

wish i lived on the west coast…so many shops out there. I am happy w/ hybrid though…great local shop.

Welcome to the “SlowBoy has crappy customer service” club.

I’m thinking that AEM EMS tuning price was for the unit with a streetable base tune (i.e. the EMS + a quick and dirty street tune), which if that was the case is a reasonable price for it. I seriously doubt that price was just for tuning.

would that be greg warbus by chance???

hahah I heard thats a pretty big club…

and Yes Hybrid is the only local shop I deal with. Its nice to be able to just walk in, being on a first name basis and being able to bullshit with the guys. They treat everyone with respect when they walk in the door.

Hybrid = :bigok:

I’ve never been to Hybrid, but they’rew nice on the phone (only dealt with them once over a possible exhaust housing swap.)

I would say “I wish they were closer,” but I guess I can’t complain over a 40-minute or so drive. It’d just be nice to have a real shop (there’s two shops within 5 minutes of me that are ridiculous and stock generic mufflers and speakers) close to home.

its about a 40 min or so drive for me to, I dont mind the drive cuz I know its not a waste

I like Hybrid as well. I wish they did more VW stuff. I was up there getting dynoed last Friday. It was a good time. Denis certainly helped me out and did a great job. Pricing on their dynos was more than fair as well. Better than even Slow Boy.

Although, I can’t say enough good about Next Level. Jason @ NL is a great guy to work with. He doesn’t ever really push stuff on you, never will talk down to you, good guy. I went to NL after I got tired of ESE. I never knew NL was only about 20 minutes from my house, I heard about them through word of mouth. They always seem to have the best deals around too. But yeah, I’d definitely give them some damn good ratings.

ESE was okay with me. Sometimes I’d go in there and feel like they thought I was a jackass. And honestly, sure I don’t know everything I should about 1.8T’s, but I know more than an average customer, so I was pretty unhappy about that. The one kid working there was good to deal with, the other was a bit of a tool. Their pricing was always about fair.

i don’t like next level but i think it’s more of just one person there, not the whole place, and yeah jason is cool.

ESE treated me like shit until I started showing that I knew what I was looking for… but I think a hottie like me asking about 1.8t parts is a bit out of the ordinary!
I will not deal with them because I think the guys there are assholes.
NL did my chip at Oktoberfest… I’ve been to the shop once and they did a 12 hour motor mount job on a corrado… that wasnt a good impression… but I’ve never really heard any complaints about them otherwise.

just pay me to work on your 1.8t.

:slight_smile:

Knock out the middle man then. Dont go to a shop. Do everything yourself. I never understand why people pay to have others work on there car.

I agree and disagree at the same time. If you just wanna do a basic stock rebuild then give it a shot yourself but if you wanna build a race engine and you never did a block before it could end up being a very costly mistake.

If its something not all to challenging like a bolt on turbo kit, putting injectors in, or doing suspension then give it a shot yourself.

Yea, greg wrbas…this is matt mckenna huh? STORY FOR PITTSPEED(off topic)…I get off work as a cop on a friday night at midnight. I am coming back to the north hills from braddock on 279 N. I am in my white maxima when some “asshole” goes flying past me in a civic. I catch up to him and signal for him to pull over. After swearving at me several times not knowing I was a cop, I finally turned on my interior light. He looked over once again, and if you could have seen the expression on his face when he seen I was a cop it was hilarious. Anyways he pulled over and I approached him and started screaming at him…your gonna kill someone…bla bla bla. After I see his license I’m like oh shit your matt mckenna(sp)–we worked together for a year or so at circuit city years back…good dude, we ended up BSing for a while and going on his way. Guess you had to be there though…we were swearving in /out of traffic at like 110 mph for 2 or 3 miles coming damn close to each other. I wanted to drag you out of your car in front of your friends and beat the shit out of you…oh well…just a story when I found out this was Matt…(I think)…cool dude anyways

hahahaha ya that was me… i got to talkin to greg the other night at club julian and never put two and two together until now… he said you were on here but didnt know your name…whats happenin.

speaking of being a cop go to my rant about the judicial system and throw in your two cents from police point of view.

ha ha :bigok:

that’s funny as fuck

Greg is going to blow it up for four reasons:
1.)He is boosting a H22
2.)He is boosting a H22 w/ a bad ring
3.)He doesn’t know much about boost
4.)He beats the shit out of his car and never changes oil…hence a bad ring.

What are you driving now? Still living in the north hills?