SlowBoy Racing sucks..Local shop Reviews

Well tonight I went to SlowBoy Racing in Indiana and it sucked. Sorry if some people on here are in with them but they make me appreciate Hybrid being close much more. I walked in with my buddy greg who is about to install a turbo on his 5th gen lude H22. We just started looking around and BSing with this guy in the lobby. I just started asking how much they were charging for dyno time. He told me $1100 for AEM EMS(for the tune!) to make it “streetable” and not a jerky drive, and maybe more. I kind of snickered to myself. I asked him about a few garrett intercoolers on the wall and told him I was looking at some johnnyracecar intercoolers. He actually said to me: 'those things are garbage, we have guys with thermal imagers come in and test all the intercoolers we use" at this point I was like dear god this guy is a fag. I don’t give a shit about your thermal fucking rays or your 1300 tunes. Hybrid Dynamics I give you three thumbs up and SlowBoy two thumbs down. They bragged about all there shit and how good they are. There were other things he said that were just rediculous that you don’t say to somene as a first time customer…the prick almost couldn’t get over his own arrogance. I paid WELL under 500 for Hybrid to tune, clean up solder on my injectors and put them in, and a few other various things. To bad those guys are such dicks…I wish i wouldn’t haven’t even had my gf buy me a MBC from them for X-Mas just because of there attitude. Here are my rating of local shops.
-This is just my opinions…you may feel differently.

Hybrid Dynamics - 5 star shop. Awesome prices, awesome service! NO complaints!

SlowBoy Racing - 1 star shop. High pricing(product and service), employees suck.

XMZ(Xtreme) Motorsports - 3 stars(moon Twp.) Decent Pricing, nice facility, dyno, used them for nitrous filling(5/lb. HEard bad things about their tuning of hondas…heard they do bikes.

Euro Styles East- 2 stars - OK guys working there. Prices are decent. They won’t touch Honda’s…kind of stuck their nose up to me when i walked in(seen me pull up). I used to get my nitrous filled there as well. I bet it is a very beneficial local shop euro guys though. We have an E36 M3 coming off the street this summer for track only. I may try them again once I need someparts for that. I won’t be doing heavy mods…but a few

Again…Hybrid is by FAR the best…

Pics of my M3 coming soon…95 M3 black/black leather 48K…almost to clean for a track car LOL…almost

the johnnyracecar ic’s are crap and sbr does have thermal imagers and images online showing heat disapation

be nice!!! no need for all the shittalken!

you deal with one bitch up there and the whole place sux…not to mention you go in saying you got pos parts on your car what do you expect?

if they have evidence that the johnnyracecar IC’s suck, well maybe they do. This story seems one sided as i do not know your attitude with the employee.

accords suck, thats not a one sided opinion :kekegay:

all in all these guys were shitty with us since we walked through the door…I don’t care if the IC’s suck or not…its not a good way to run a business. They told us that only 5-10% of there business is walk in…all other is onkine stuff…Kind of trying to make us feel like we don’t give a shit about you guys…I went in with great intentions.

well they must be doing something right if they bought an entire race team

That is true…maybe this guy was just a dick. If I ever had a prick in the store I manage talk to a customer like that he would be out the fucking door. Maybe he hasn’t been in sales for long? Maybe he just sucked. I heard the johhnyracecar IC were decent for the money…I really don’t want to spend 500 on a garrett

if it was john then i feel your pain

blonde haired guy medium build…shaggy blonde hair

craig

i would rather build a race them then buy it…but anyway my johnnyracecar is holden up just fine! 190 shipped! 11.5 i cant complain

i heard ese is closed to the public

you realize they’ve done that too right?

no…i know nothing about them really!!!

i was going off the information that was in this post!

hmmm…does it have anything to do w/ that autotheft? I went to this stereo shop right around the corner form slowboy. They had a second gen talon in the back w/ a turbo conversion that they were doing a widebody on. They took us in the back to check it out. They were very nice guys but more audio/show stuff.

Don’t get me wrong…slowboy seems like they had built some crazy race cars, with crazy motors. They had probably 20+ turbo manifolds hanging on the wall with a decent amount of other merchandise out.

i dont think it had to do with that just sick of people being stupid…

i think slowboy has the bwest prices hands down

i think slowboy has the bwest prices hands down if you dont know anyone on the inside