Slowest disaster ever?

I wonder what would happen if a hurricane came through right now. Would it bathe the entire east coast in an oily mist?

Nuke it. That’s my answer to everything now.

WWBWD. :tup: What would Bruce Willis do?

+1

I thought the well heads were on the sea floor. I think there should be remote heads that are closed during any accident or issue on the surface. Seems like there needs to be a change for sure. I am a HUGE proponent for drilling for all we can get, but accidents like this give a huge black eye to the industry and china and other countries will just do what we won’t now.

I see what you did there.

you guys have covered this topic pretty well… i have nothing to add other than that really.

and that its amusing because it doesnt really affect me in any noticable way… weee

Seriously why don’t they just torpedo where the leak/well is? What’s the worst that could happen?? If anything it slows the leak. Probably some tree huggers afraid of the oil covered sea life on the floor. Like thats not already fucked. Who cares if you eradicate a species or two?!

I could see them doing that in a movie… I wonder when someone will make one on this exact disaster.

Are you being serious? You think it’s a good idea to create an explosion where oil will still likely leak from, yet from a much harder to contain area?

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Here’s some pics of the event. Pretty crazy stuff.

[COLOR=“Silver”]

I already wrote an 8 page paper about this and how the complexities of events cause different consumer spending. If that makes any sense. Might to a few lol.

Makes sense. So what kinds of things (in terms of consumer spending) get affected by an event like this that don’t immediately come to mind?

The paper was mostly theory about the complexities of international trade and the consumer. All types of stuff from rising shrimp prices to offshore drilling being put on hiatus. It was meant to show how something like this can really have a much larger impact on consumers then they ever realize. Hell i even had a paragraph about confidence inspired or lack there of deflating the USD and hurting purchasing power. BAHHHHH im going to be they most whacked out economist ever!!! lol

I don’t even want to think about how much this is going to effect us. Especially out here in Hawaii. Shit is expensive enough. :frowning:

Meh it is always supply and demand the shit that goes up in price will simply not be purchased at such a large quantity which is fine since supply is hindered. It all works in the end for the most part. Consumers almost never need the things they desire so it is fine for them to just shift their spending elsewhere.

I was kidding.

post your 8 page thingamajigger

I bet the shut off valve was made in China.

Agreed.

It’s nothing special heck im not even that proud of it. It just fit the criteria of the final paper I had to write for my International Econ class. I never let people read my shit. :slight_smile: Ask Geehee I wrote the entire thing in about an hour. lol

Some cool info in this thread!!!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m55/Jeeverette/Kanye.jpg