Small Trailer

SOLD

You can take the trailer to Predel recycling and get the weight slip you need for the dmv and register it as a homebuilt.

I did that with my trailer after buying it without paperwork. Just tell the dmv you built it out of parts from a few trailers you already had when asked for receipts.

Exactly! Predels charges $7 to weigh. I have all the forms needed by dmv.

weight slip and an MV-51 and MV-51b along with a bill of sale, and you’re good to go for a light trailer. Too bad cars aren’t that easy lol.

GLWS!

Actually those arent even close to the forms you use. All you need is forms DTF-803 for tax exempt since it’s home built, and form MV-272 for homemade VIN request, MV-82 to register it, and the weight slip. That’s it! $20 later you have a plate and reg in your hand.

If its being transferred from someone else to you, you need proof of ownership. AKA MV-51 and 51b but what do I know? If you’re gonna lie and say you built it then yes that would work.

It is home built. There was never a reg for it or a vin number. MV-51b is for transfer of reg to your name if you have had it over a year and have proof of sale. No need to get all pissy. This is how its done with trailers. Unless you really give a shit what NYS gets from you then do it your own way.

I’m not getting pissy, just saying if you go into an office and tell them “I just bought this trailer” they may to want to see some form of ownership. I wasn’t aware it was never registered or had a vin. They still may require the new owner to go get ownership to cross all there t’s and dot their i’s. It all comes down to office discretion I see it every day.

You go there tell them you have no reg for a trailer this is the exact forms you get handed. I have done numerous trailers and this is what I get handed everytime. Even if you go in with a DTF-802 as you bought it, they dont take it. You still fill out the 803 since your doing it as homebuilt now. I just did a boat trailer the same way. Went in with a sales tax form for what I paid for it and weight slip. Got handed these forms which are the same as I have had before for other trailers. Maybe up to which ever office, but thats not my problem. I give them what they want, walk out with what I want. Simple as that.

Unless the buyer likes paying NYS even more money. They can have the previous owner do the excat same thing, get a reg and a sales tax form. Then sign it over all over. Then pay tax on the sale price and a reg fee. Thats the only other way youll ever get a new reg for trailers. Just as people walk in with out a clue on what they need to register cars. You just need common sense on whats needed. Probably 3/4 of the people waiting in DMV offices are filled with people missng half the crap they need which makes dmv a pain in the ass to go to.

Well if it works it works and that’s all that matters :hug

It worked at the Schenectady DMV.

Bump need gone!

$200 takes this!!! Need gone.

Trade for a electric r/c car? The RC is worth 300-400 text me I’ll send u pics if ur interested 518 364 6706

No more rc cars for me. Just picked up two nitros the other day and already want to sell them.

Give me a call if u can deliver it I’m very interested

Where are you?

I believe in the colonie area

Also would need your number.

If so, delivery shouldnt be a issue.

Yes I live right off of vly in Colonie near Kenny and I posted my number a few posts up with the rc trade offer hahaha 518 364 6706