smart iu program(cpu help)

was deleted from my cpu.i think affects install wizzard because now the cpu doesnt recognize the sony camera to download pics.
what to do on how to get it back??? :mad:

moving to on topic… that help is for like site help

bump :x:

I have access to all of Sony’s software…

PM me your camera model # and I’ll hook you up.

okay barry or anyone else that can help please.

SO something happened the program for you camera on your computer got deleted by accident. If I understand that correctly. All you have to do is reinstall the drivers and the main program.

*Which basicly means goto the sony website and find the drivers for your camera and it will tell you this rest on there site how to set it up.

did that loaded it , restarted the cpu, and nothing.
its like the cpu dont recognize anything in the usb plugs???
now what computer geeks and freaks???

ok what you want to do is ahhh… goto your control panel goto printers and other hardware if theres something in there for your camera uninstall it. Then reload all your drivers and shit like before then restart see if it works. If it doesnt theres one more thing to do.

format c:

if you are running XP you may be able to roll back the OS?

i dunno, i am not even sure on the question. did you delete your USB drivers? or just a USB device?

well if that didnt work goto the usb driver dialog thing delete all the drivers that go with that camera. Then reinstall the drivers. restart. And if that doesnt work call there tech support.

well im running xp, and i deleted a program that the install wizzard uses to determine what is plugged into the front usb ports and automaticly recognize taht i want to down load pics :scared:

okay went to control panel,
in printers and cameras there is only my multi function machine icon.

when i try to add camera to the list there is no sony brand.

in control panal under programs, the is a sony program under change or delete.

still lost …

you deleted the “hot swapping” drivers… hmm, let me research

uninstall all your sony software… reinstall all the software that came with your camera. i think what he’s trying to say is that the software that automatically opens when he plugs in his camera is gone, not any part of the OS

if windows XP you don’t need software… just go to control panel and scanner /camera… setup a new camera and when you can’t find the sony brand name, click ‘have disk’ then point it to the cd that came with the camera… it will install the driver and it’ll work.

Are you saying tht nothing is reconized when it is plugged into the USB ports. Did all of the usb ports just quit on you, try plugging something else in and see if it reconizes it. If another usb device works, then maybe the cable to your camera is messed up. If nothing works when plugged into the usb, you may need to delets and reinstall the usb drivers in the device manager. :dunno: