uploading pics problem(update)help pt 2

my computer, which has a media screen come up on xp when you put in a disc or plug in a camera to usb,on my side of xp doesnt recognize the sony cam.
the other side does immediatly bring up the promp menu of what would you like to do (slide show, download to folder,view ect)when i plug in the same camera.

why is that and how can i fix???

yikes :eek: help!!!

so if you plug it into one USB slot it works, then if you use another it doesn’t work?

i dont understand ur problem? You plugged in your camera and them options popped up? Thats a good thing when them options pop up all you have to do is download it to the folder.

no, if i log onto my wifes side of xp it will menu and load.if im on my side it will not.

that menu only pops up on my wifes side of xp now. it used to pop up on mine but doesnt anymore.

use your wife’s account then :smiley:

sounds like you messed up your autoplay settings. i’m not sure how to fix that off the top of my head.

ok,plug your camera in, go to “my computer” and right click on your camera under “devices with removable storage”. click properties and on the “Autoplay” Tab make sure your settings look good there, if you can’t get them to work after that, post up what you have those settings at.

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Shell Hardware Detection/

set this service to Automatic.

one of these should fix your problem… although its tough to diagnose without a good description

there is no camera listed under my computer devices yadda yadda.
what is listed is floppy drive a.,dvd drive d,cd drive e.
under scanners and cameras the only thing listed is the brother mfc 3100.

found administrative tools under performance maintenace
did what you said
its already set for automatic
so i reset itfor automatic again
camera shows usb on screen
cpu takes no action

did you try what i posted above?