Smokindiesel's 1996 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve

I know that … Its was the best I could do before it started downpouring … Im just glad shes running again!

List of “Still To Do”
-Tune … Tune … Tune … Tune … and did I mention tune?
-Remove #10 plate and install #100 plate … which will involve more tuning …
-Remove 3k rpm kit, and install 4k+ rpm kit … which, yup you guessing it! … More tuning!!
-Install race Airdog 150 gph fuel pump w/ all half inch fuel lines
-Install water/meth tank, pump, lines, nozzles, etc.
-Replace 5" stacks w/ custom 6" miter cut stacks
-Install Extang Full Tilt Tonnue Cover

Its’ definitly getting there … and I think that Saturday is a goal thats with in reason to be complete … Depends on how all the tuning goes.

Im just happy she breathed fire finally!

sled pull?

Not sure … Thats what a lot of people are asking latley.

does it need much tuning ? :smiley:

I ran into some problems with the truck in the last few days, and it definitly took a toll on the time frame of things … But yesterday went well …

Finished running all the 1/2" fuel lines, and after some problems, got the Airdog 150gph hooked up & pumping. I have a solid 30psi @ idle.

Finished the “Y” Pipe into the bed, and got the new stacks lined up, and mounted temporally.

Saturday Im shooting to get the tonnue cover cut for the stacks, mounted, and mount the stacks solid.

Get it out on the road for some tuning, and drive it for about a week to get everything to seat properly in.

Then hopefully if that goes as planned, get the Snow Stage 3 Water/Meth hooked up in about a week.

Shes comming along! :thumbsup

Sorry for the pictures, they were taken REALLY quick, in poor lighting, late at night. Just wanted to snap a few to show the progress

stacks are the perfect size good job

Thanks Wayne … I like this look better than the old look. There are 6" miter cuts … that were 36" inchs long, but I took 4 inchs off of each stack. (Way shorter than the old setup) I also shortened the “Y” pipe 8.5 inches on each side, and pulled the stacks way closer to each other. They are directly behind each headrest.

I was going back and forth last night while looking at them, if I should shorten them another inch or not … But from the front of the truck right now … you can BARLY see them. So I think I may keep them as is

looks great mike

Thanks dude … If all goes well, it will be on the road saturday to start breaking things in, getting stuff seated properly.

na any shorter then that and they would look really weird

I’m diggin’ the shorter stacks. Looks awesome bud.

thanks bud!

You must love the smell of diesel :rofl: :nuts: :rofl:

Looks great mike.

:rofl: … You should smell the shop! …

Thanks buddy

No thanks, I hate the smell of diesel.

I know, I’m in the wrong profession:finger:

Oh comon … You gotta stop down one day!!

Id’ say your in the wrong profession … LOL

Wow … What a day!!

Finished up the stacks, tonnue cover, and some other odds & ends.

Got her running, all warmed up, and out on her first journey (fuel only … not hooking up the water/meth until everything is properly broken it)

Gave it no more then between 1/4-1/2 throttle (and NEVER hit 1/2 throttle) … She is running like a MONSTER so far. Hit a quick 30psi … Pulled it back into the shop … To find this!

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154/Smokindiesel_1996/IMG00022.jpg

Antifreeze EVERYWHERE!! :thud::thud::thud:

First impression … “Mother Fucker!!!”

Shut it down … and honestly felt my stomach turn. Thought the brand new head/headgasket scattered

BUT … It was just a hose! Cleaned everything up, and drove it a solid 60-65 miles (still staying under half throttle/30psi)

So far so good! … Going to take her out tomorrow (After a early morning MUCH needed detail) and drive it some more, and try to break everything in. And I will also take some pictures of everything for you guys.

Just wanted to share that it is on the road, breathing, and running GREAT so far. Im hoping to install the water/meth next week, then hit the dyno. Not 100%sure what it will put down … so we shall see

Nice build, how can you guys run so much darn boost though?

what a beast… stacks look great too!