Snow blower parts hookup

Hi all. Just picked up a free snow blower from a friend of mine. However it is now time to repair it and get it going for the winter. i need to fab up some covers for the chains that power the auger, and a cover for the belt drive. Now for the major part.

It has a broken axle so one of the wheels is off. no clue how that happened but the bearing that the axle was going through seems intact. just the axle appears to have sheared off.

Does anyone have a hook up for snow blower parts?

i just got the thing literaly a few hours a go and havent had a chance to check out sereal numbers model numbers and all that crap yet. But im sure i can dig them up if need be.

I got my snowblower from Wegman motor works on kenmore Ave. They also sell parts.
1500 Kenmore Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216

You’re going to at least need to post the make of it.

Toro, Tecumseh, Acme… etc.

that would help, I can get some parts.
If its a briggs motor you will need the code and spec number.
If its a simplicity, you will want EX) simplicity 650

i got a rotary account…

K, so here is the deal. The thing is White as in the color. Apparently manufacturars rarely use the same color so that is supposedly a big clue as to the make(so far no luck).

Model# is 142302

Type # is 017801

SN# is 339907
I dont know if the above numbers apply to the engine alone or the engine and blower as a whole. The plate with those numbers is mounted to the engine so I would assume they are there to identify the engine only.

The engine on it is a 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton “Easy spin starting”

I dont know the HP rating on it but if i had to guess id say anywhere between 8 and 10 hp.

The blower has a chain the runs along side the auger housing (chute?) that spins the auger. So actually the auger and thrower impeller have their own separate gear boxes. As do the drive wheels ( i believe).

Will try to dig up some more info on it tomorrow after work. In the mean time hit me with suggestions and ideas:D

Also the thing has an oil bath type air filter. Thats probably a clue but I for the life of me cant remember when manufacturers stopped using that type of air filter.